Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have been infected Cryptolocker

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 fastboltjohn

fastboltjohn

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:31 PM

I have been infected by Cryptolocker. Kaspersky did disinfect some but not all, my files now have the ext of .encrypted. Is there any help to decrypt my files ( I will not pay a ramsom) or are all the files lost. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gary R

Gary R

MRU Admin

• Malware Response Team
  • 835 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:14 AM

Questions about Cryptolocker are best asked in the Cryptolocker support topic ... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506924/cryptolocker-hijack-program/

You should also read through the Cryptolocker information page ... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/cryptolocker-ransomware-information

If this is a recent infection, it is more than likely that you could be infected with Torrent Locker which masquerades as Crptolocker ... http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/torrentlocker-cryptolocker-ransomware-information

Edited by Gary R, 26 July 2015 - 12:18 AM.

#3 BlackHawk1

BlackHawk1

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

I'm shocked you weren't scolded and the topic locked.

#4 fastboltjohn

fastboltjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:43 AM

Thanks for the info Malware Response Team I will now read the information links sent. Also I am sorry if I have upset any members with my post, was not intended, just new to the forum and trying to resolve an issue. 

#5 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:52 AM

Hi there,

Ransomware that adds .encrypted file extension can be TorrentLocker or its variant Crypt0L0cker.

TorrentLocker information guide can be found here and a discussion thread can be found here.

Crypt0L0cker information guide is here and discussion thread is here.

It is best that you post any questions related to each ransomware in their respective topics.

To avoid confusion I have asked a Moderator to close this thread. Good luck.

#6 Gary R

Gary R

MRU Admin

• Malware Response Team
  • 835 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:00 AM

I'm shocked you weren't scolded and the topic locked.

I'm afraid I don't see what point you're trying to make.

fastboltjohn asked a question, and I supplied him with a set of links where I believed he would be most likely to find an answer to that question.

Any perception of reprimand that anyone may have read into my words, is more a product of their own imagination, than a reflection on the intent with which I wrote them.

Edited by Gary R, 26 July 2015 - 05:00 AM.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:05 AM

Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in the support topic referred to by Gary R.

BTW, any files that are encrypted with Crypt0L0cker/Torrent Locker will have the .encrypted extension appended to the end of the filename so also see this topic: Crypt0L0cker Ransomware Support & Discussion

Doing that will also ensure you receive proper assistance from our crypto malware experts since they may not see this thread. To avoid unnecessary confusion...this topic is closed.

Thanks
The BC Staff

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users