Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mac Outlook Sent Email issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 remarza

remarza

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:18 PM

Brief overview:

I changed accounts through godaddy.com, they host my businesses email as an exchange account. To make this account change successful, all I had to do was create backups of all of the employees emails, and then import them when they were recreated by godaddy.com. 

My issue is that after this change happened, all of the sent emails that occurred before the switch now show up strangely. 

EX: 433404.(MY NAME)@d210726-1009201409263618.exhost5.secureserver.net  

Instead of what they should be, which is @domainmain.com

Where this gets strange is that this is only isolated to the Mac Outlook application. Outlook Web App (OWA) does not return these email values, and everything shows up fine. Nor does this issue appear on a PC computer. 

I have spoken with godaddy customer support several times and they are of no help as they do not have the proper staff that supports Mac Outlook. Microsoft wants me to pay $200 for a support account to even look at this issue, and other avenues of IT help have also fallen short.

I would appreciate any help or direction on a solution to this issue, and am happy to answer any and all questions within my range of knowledge about this issue. My boss kinda wants to punch me in the throat, which is obviously wont but that hasn't stopped him from expressing that urge. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:20 AM

That GUID (global unique identifier) is the identifier for your mail server -- secureserver.net is GoDaddy. There may not be an easy fix for this; Outlook on Mac is one of those areas that falls between the cracks in terms of support. Microsoft will claim it's a Mac issue, and Apple will claim it's a Microsoft issue. The fact that you are using a third party to host your Exchange service just adds to the issue.

I wouldn't worry too much about it; the mail has already been sent. Are you having this issue with any new sent emails?

#3 remarza

remarza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:39 PM

Not with new emails. Only ones sent before 7/17.

My first attempt at a temporary "fix" was to create contacts based solely on those address.

I appreciate the response. Any and all information on this is helpful.

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:04 PM

If it's not affecting new sent emails then something happened when the emails were exported and imported. Since it doesn't occur in OWA or in Outlook on a PC, is most likely a Mac issue. Trying opening a support ticket with Apple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users