Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Plugged in but not charging

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SoXfused

SoXfused

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

For the past few weeks my computer is acting strange.  It has always been that when the power cord is plugged into it, it automatically charges the battery until it reaches 100%.  Now even when the power cord is plugged in, the icon at the bottom of the screen will say whatever percent is available and "plugged in, not charging".  Why is this happening out of nowhere?  Why is it not automatically charging while it's plugged in like it used to?

Edited by hamluis, 25 July 2015 - 04:36 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

It sounds like something is no longer functioning. It might be the battery or it might be the charging circuit, it could also be the adapter. I would try using a different, compatible power adapter to see if that makes a difference. If not, then I would try a different battery. If neither of those solves the problem then I'd be looking for a responsible technician to check out the components in the case.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

Does it run Ok on the power cord with the battery removed, if it does the charger is fine the battery is faulty.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:55 PM

Take out the battery and login to Windows OS and reconnect the battery this trick works if problem is with Windows OS.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users