Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recover Lost Partition, Need true experts

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 unfogiven19

unfogiven19

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

Hi Guys

This is my problem :

my SD CARD, 8GB .. 5 months ago, it become RAW, so there where I found out about Testdisk, it fix it.

Last week, same problem appeared, I tried TestDisk .. but nothing happened, after many times, I tried , this option in testdisk 7.0 -----> MBR code..... then It was fixed , and I was able to see my files .

however I just couldn't access to one particular folder, so I used CHKDSK, it deleted the whole folder icon_eek.gif

then after a day , THE SD CARD, went RAW again.... I tried again TestDisk, it says that the CHS and LBA don't match , I tried again MBR code, but nothing happened,

So I thought maybe if I format it with ( My computer --> management ---> Disk Management ) I could recover my files .. so I format it with FAT32 .

Now I tried more than 20 software, none of them could recover a single file.

and this what I see in Testdisk :

Attached File  1111.jpg   213.72KB   0 downloads

and also It said , NONE partition table has been detected o_O

Attached File  2222.jpg   83.44KB   0 downloads

and this is the lost one .. called ( NO NAME )

Attached File  0333.jpg   64.52KB   0 downloads

but this is what happend after I continue

Attached File  4444.jpg   61.99KB   0 downloads

Please help me ... I really need this SD card, more than anything, it contain all my studies files, my PHD dissertations, it's my life, and am really hopeless .

It least a way I could recover the RAW .. as it was before I format it.
Thank you

Edited by hamluis, 25 July 2015 - 10:21 AM.
Moved from Crashes/BSOD to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

So I thought maybe if I format it with ( My computer --> management ---> Disk Management ) I could recover my files .. so I format it with FAT32 .

You formatted the drive .. wiped it ... it's clean .. no data. ( no recovery ) And if I havn't been clear enough heres some more people to tell you.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,939 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

Sorry, but if you formatted your SD card I believe there is little chance of recovery. Once the SD card went bad and you recovered with Testdisk the files should have been backed up that is then and there.

When you highlight each of the FAT32 partitions and press the "P" key do you see your files.

If not your only chance now is to scan the SD card with software like Easeus Data Recovery or use PhotoRec which is included with Testdisk.

If you cannot recover them then you need to send the card to a professional data recover service which is expensive. There is a person on the board from Data Medics but I do not know if they do SD card recovery. Edit: And after a format I doubt they would be able to help but you can always contact them.

Edited by JohnC_21, 25 July 2015 - 10:50 AM.

#4 DataMedic

DataMedic

Authorized DataMedic Rep

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

I guess you didn't learn from your mistake:

1. Always have a backup

2. At the first hiccup, make another backup

3. Stop using the device if you have any doubts

4. If you don't know what you're doing, don't!!

Now that, that's out of the way.  If no data recovery software is reading the card, ti's almost certainly failed.  SD cards can often cost even more than HDDs to recover, and it likely may not even be possible.  If your data is worth more than a few hundred $$$ shoot me a PM and I can recommend an affordable company overseas that may be able to do it at a reasonable price.

#5 DataMedic

DataMedic

Authorized DataMedic Rep

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:16 PM

It does appear that the card is still showing it's capacity, which is actually a good thing.  I'd recommend that you download a free trial of R-Studio, then first create an image of the card to a file.  Then scan the file (not the card) using R-Studio to see if it locates a filesystem.  If it doesn't, check in hex to see if the data actually looks like data, or if it's all just 00 00 00 00 or another repeating character which could indicate that the memory isn't being read by the controller.

#6 unfogiven19

unfogiven19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:35 PM

LUCKY FOR ME I DID .. and I found a image.dd ...

what can I do now ?

#7 unfogiven19

unfogiven19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

hello ! is there anybody in there ?

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,939 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

If this image was made before the SD became corrupted download OSFmount here. Run it and open the dd file. OSFmount wll let you mount the image as a virtual drive. Copy your files from the virtual drive to your hard drive.

http://www.osforensics.com/tools/mount-disk-images.html

#9 unfogiven19

unfogiven19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

the image was made after corruption , but before formatting it

I tried the software, it mount it but it said format it , as it was ...

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,939 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:27 PM

I think the only choice you have now is to run PhotoRec on the dd image using the command line. To make it easier you could copy the Testdisk folder you unzipped to the root of C:\  Type CMD in the search box of Windows 7. This would give you a command prompt of C:\Users\<your name> then type

cd C:\

cd <the test disk folder name>  You should now be in the Testdisk folder.

To recover files from a media image, type the following at the command prompt

photorec_win <your image name>.dd    Edit: Changed from photorec to photorec_win

to carve a raw disk image .This will recover any files it finds to the Testdisk folder.

Edited by JohnC_21, 30 July 2015 - 08:26 PM.

#11 DataMedic

DataMedic

Authorized DataMedic Rep

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:06 PM

Hi, sorry I disappeared on you.  Have been swamped in work and not paying much attention to the forums lately.  What does the data in the image look like in hex?  Does it look like actual random data, or does it just look like repeating characters?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users