Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Repair Database .pst file of MS Outlook?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 StuartDoyle

StuartDoyle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:23 AM

I am unable to open my Outlook file due to corruption how to repair database .pst file of MS outlook. I was using Microsoft Outlook 2007 from last 2 years and everything is going well. But suddenly I have got an error message outlook data file cannot be accessed while accessing PST file. It was also suggested me to run scanpst.exe tool. I had tried to repair my inaccessible PST file many times with the help of Inbox repair tool.  But this utility is unable to solve my issue, please suggest me how can I repair my corrupted database.pst file without losing any information. Is there any way to restore all information from inaccessible PST file into new PST file to continue working as previously?

Edited by hamluis, 25 July 2015 - 10:24 AM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Business Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

You can try using a third-party tool; there are lots of them out there, but none of them are free. How large is your pst file?

If you are connecting to an Exchange account, you can try deleting the old Outlook profile and recreating it. The server will then download all the mail in your mailbox on the server to your Outlook.

#3 davidmoore

davidmoore

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:15 AM

Yes I also agreed that scanpst.exe is a utility to fix minor level of corruption only. I think your PST file is highly corrupted due to this Inbox repair tool is unable to fix it. Don’t worry there are many alternatives to recover back inaccessible Outlook data files. I also heard about such  Recovery Toolbox for Outlook that will help you to restore all the information from corrupt PST file into a new healthy PST format. After using this program you can easily restore damaged PST file and restart working as previously.

#4 jeremyscastongs

jeremyscastongs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:04 AM

Easily repair your infected PST files and recover all the stored data including emails, contacts, journals, calendar, tasks, notes, drafts, etc.With the assistance of this superb key you can easily open PST file in readable condition without affecting its formatting like TXT, RTF and HTML etc.

See at- http://www.outlookemails.recoverydeletedfiles.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users