Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMD FX-9370 problems, somebody help who knows somethin from OC'klocking

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tikst

Tikst

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

My new 9370 is not compatible with my mb asrock 970 pro3 rev.2, it works in games but in prime95 it starts to lose power, temps are at full load max.54 celsius. My question is should i sell that and buy 8350 and OC that 4,4GHz?

I'm running Windows 7 Premium 64 bit. Twice now while browsing online a box pops up saying that my video card has just stopped working and both times it recovers on its own. But then shortly after it comes up a blue screen and shuts down. Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it? Thank you.
Mod Edit:  Merged topics - Hamluis.

Please...do NOT post the same situations multiple times...once is enough - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 25 July 2015 - 10:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tikst

Tikst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:44 AM

I had the sama problem with asus geforce gtx 970, go to download older drivers for your video card if that works for you too.

#3 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:56 AM

just out of curiousity, what PSU are you running?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#4 Tikst

Tikst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:01 AM

Why ask? Corsair 600W

#5 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

because if the power supply isn't supplying enough juice to handle the overclock, it won't overclock, and provide the symptoms describing.  Your motherboard supports AM3+ and that CPU is also a AM3+ so compatibility, it should be fine.

I don't know what the rest of your system is, but 600 watts sounds about right for a decent mid range gaming system running at stock, am I assuming thats right? if so, 600 watts is enough to run everything at stock but may not be enough to fully overclock, and in my experience ASRock boards arn't the best overclockers out there, though it can certainly be done. What are your full system specs? one can possibly be able to fully answer your question if one knows all the variables.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

#6 Tikst

Tikst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:52 PM

Tpd wats in 9370 are 220 my mobo supports 120W. Specs are Gtx 970 strix OC model,amd fx-9370, hyperX ram 8GB, 1x SSD, 2x HDD,cd-station, corsair cx600W, asrock 970 pro3 rev2.

#7 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:25 PM

well, then I would say the problem is probably a combination of things, the biggest is  indeed the CPU is not supported by your motherboard, the motherboard is simply not capable of fully powering it. You could probably up the wattage from the motherboard to the CPU, but the best youd likely be able to do is get stock performance-ASRock boards, in my experience are good quality boards, are not very good overclockers anyway. You may want to consider upgrading the board to a higher end ASUS or Gigabyte board (probably with a 990 chipset, if you want to overclock, never go with a baseline chipset such as a 970) and I would consider upgrading the CPU-which is likely your other bottleneck. For your system, 5-600 watts is what is typically recomended to run everything at stock-it doesnt allow a lot of leeway for overclocking. If you want to overclock, and im sure someone whos far more proficient at it then I am (other then experimenting, I don't typically overclock-if my system wont run what I need it to at stock, I upgrade) I would go at least 100-200 watts more power then what you need, so I would say you would want a 750+ watt PSU. Just my two cents.

Like I said someone with more experience with O/Cing maybe able to help you better, but the main issues I see is unsupported CPU, lower end chipset, and not enough PSU juice. 

picard5.jpg

#8 Tikst

Tikst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:31 PM

So should i buy a new mb and it would fix the problems? I goed to pcpartpicker and it said my parts atm are less than 600W so it should be enough. My question is should i buy that 8350 and OC that or buy a new mobi which supports this CPU perfectly?

#9 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

well, yes-your parts are less then 600 watts, all running at stock. Running at stock you are fine, keep in mind though when you overclock, if you go by conventional methods of overclocking, you draw more power, which most power supply calculators do not take account for.

You could purchase that 8350 and probably have better luck-yes, though, I still suspect your PSU will be a limiting factor.  You could lower the power to say, your memory, and use that wattage on your CPU, but then your memory would just bottleneck you. There maybe other more efficient ways, like I said im not much of a overclocker-I can do basic overclocks but I don't get fancy with them.

If it were me, and I had the money I would upgrade the motherboard to a gigabyte or ASUS board, one that CPU is better then the 8350, and I would find a board with a far higher end chipset. Im not sure whether your board is a full atx or a mid atx board, but if its mid atx that could factor into your cooling as they run hotter then full atx boards. But, and feel free to ask for a second opinion from a more experienced overclocker then myself, I think your PSU is going to hold you back either way, but ideally you need a CPU that is supported by the motherboard for best results.

Edited by the_patriot11, 27 July 2015 - 09:31 PM.

picard5.jpg

#10 Tikst

Tikst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:20 AM

Okey, i might go with new mobo ans try it out, if the PSU will botleneck i will change it too if i find the money for it. Thanks for your answers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users