Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I tell if I'm patched for KB 3074667

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 codeaholic

codeaholic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

I see that I am patched for KB 3079904 because it is a recent install. How do I tell if I'm patched for KB 3074667 ?  There are literally hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of KB's and no "search" function to search for a specific KB #.  I recently did an install of Windows 7 and there were over 300 KB patches right on day 1...it took 3 days to get them all on the computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:22 PM

See which Windows updates are installed

1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2. In the left pane, click View update history...

To View & list Installed Updates...

Press the WINKEY + R keys on the keyboard or click the Start Orb > Run... , and in the Open dialog box, type: cmd /c copy %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\WindowsUpdate.txt"
Click OK or press Enter.

Alternatively, click the Start Orb and in the Search Box, type: the same command (cmd /c copy %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\WindowsUpdate.txt") as you would enter in the Run Open dialog box...then click on it in the list of displayed results.
-- This will place a WindowsUpdate.txt directly on your desktop.

To Quick Search for Installed Updates...

Press the WINKEY + R keys on the keyboard or click the Start Orb > Run... , and in the Open dialog box, type: cmd
Click OK or press Enter.

Alternatively, click the Start Orb and in the Search Box, type: the same command (cmd)

* Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run As Administrator
* To change to the ROOT directory (C:\>), at the command prompt type: cd \
* press Enter.
* At the command prompt C:\>_, type: powershell
* press Enter.
* To find out whether the update is installed, at the command prompt C:\>_, type: get-hotfix -id KB3074667
* press Enter.

To query multiple updates in a single command, at the command prompt C:\>_, type:
get-hotfix -id KB3074667,KB2952664,KB2976978,KB3021917,KB3044374,KB2990214

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 codeaholic

codeaholic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:05 PM

1.  I had tried the windows update history before I typed my message...too many to see or tell  (or be sure)

2.  I copied the windowsupdatelog and tried searching for the text 3074667 but it found nothing.

3.  I tried the PowerShell command and it gave me an error:

PS: C:\> get-hotfix -id KB3074667

Get-Hotfix : This command cannot find hot-fix on the machine 'localhost' verify the input and Run your command again.

I'm on KB 3074667 now. It doesn't seem like you can download it.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3074667

Edited by codeaholic, 24 July 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

I split your posting into it's own topic since the other one is a support topic for CryptoWall.

1.  I had tried the windows update history before I typed my message...too many to see or tell  (or be sure)
2.  I copied the windowsupdatelog and tried searching for the text 3074667 but it found nothing.
3.  I tried the PowerShell command and it gave me an error:

PS: C:\> get-hotfix -id KB3074667
Get-Hotfix : This command cannot find hot-fix on the machine 'localhost' verify the input and Run your command again.

That is the result you get when the KB number is not found.

Here is another way to check....

Press the WINKEY + R keys on the keyboard or click the Start Orb > Run... , and in the Open dialog box, type: cmd
Click OK or press Enter.

Alternatively, click the Start Orb and in the Search Box, type: the same command (cmd)

* Right-click on cmd.exe and select Run As Administrator
* To change to the ROOT directory (C:\>), at the command prompt type: cd \
* press Enter.
* To find out whether the update is installed, at the command prompt C:\>_, type: dism /online /get-packages | findstr 3035583
* press Enter.

(Replace the KB number with whichever update you are looking for.)
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users