Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will this computer run this game?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 legend1990

legend1990

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

Hi

I'm not the most fluent in computer specs and stats. I'm about to buy this computer and these are its specs:

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E7400 (3M Cache, 2.80 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB) CPU and 2 gigs of RAM. a DVD/CDRW Player. Recently reloaded with a valid Windows 7 pro install. The hard drive is 160 gigs.

Will it run the game runescape and satisfy the java pre-reqs? Here are the requirements for runescape:

Medium Detail
  • Processor: Intel i3 / AMD Phenom II X4 or better
  • Graphics: Most ATI HD and nVidia video cards (excluding M / Mobile or Go)
  • Memory: 4GB DDR3+
  • Video Settings: Medium. Particles set to medium. Water detail set to low. Shadows set to static.
  • Renderer: DirectX or OpenGL
  • Rating: Good.
  • FPS?: 35-50*
  • Tips: Consider upgrading graphics if you're experiencing low FPS.
Low Detail
  • Processor: Intel Dual Core or Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD A series or C series or E series
  • Graphics: ATI Radeon Mobility, Radeon Xseries, nVidia M and Go series
  • Memory: 2GB DDR2+
  • Video Settings: Low
  • Renderer: DirectX (Windows) or OpenGL (Mac)
  • Rating: Below Average.
  • FPS?: 20-30*
  • Tips: Consider either switching to a Desktop, or sourcing a laptop with higher-end graphics.

Will I be able to play Low detail? And I'm buying a 2gb ram stick to upgrade to a total of 4gigs. Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

Since you do not provide us what kind of video adapter it is using it will be difficult for us to advise you.  I CAN say that this is a pretty LOW END system (processor wise) compared to the machines available today.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

At best you'll get the low detail.

#4 legend1990

legend1990
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:43 PM

WIll the processor be able to handle the game though?

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

I think what they are trying to tell you is....No.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#6 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

WIll the processor be able to handle the game though?

According to the Low specifications that machine can play the game.  But, you are basically meeting the minimum requirements and you may not enjoy the game as your machine will be bogged down running it.

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,125 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

Idea!!!  Tell the guys your max budget, that and what can be saved or scrapped.  Might give them thoughts on getting you at least close to where you want to be.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users