Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Command prompt flashes briefly at startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cartl30

Cartl30

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

Whenever I bootup my Win 7 HP Netbook, a command prompt window flashes very briefly.  I'd like to remove it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:12 AM

Hello,

Let's get a list of your startup items and see if anything causes the Command Prompt to appear.

Autoruns by Sysinternals

Please follow the instructions below to give me an Autoruns log containing your start-up entries:
  • Download Autoruns from here.
  • Extract the content of the Autoruns.zip folder on the Desktop.
  • Open the Autoruns folder, right click on Autoruns.exe and click Run as Administrator.
  • Accept the EULA on opening, then wait for all the entries to load.
  • Click on File, then Save and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Go on ge.tt and upload the Autoruns file you saved.
  • Please copy and post the download URL of your uploaded file in your next reply.
Regards,
Alex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users