Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC shuts down while gaming

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sploosh

Sploosh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

Hey guys.

I have a problem where my PC shuts off while gaming. It mainly happens when playing League of Legends (LoL) or MW3.

My rig is

Maximus V ASUS motherboard

Nvidia Gigabyte 670 GTi graphics card

Intel i7 4th generation processor

I read in a separate forum that I should make a "Who's Crashed" report and I did. It can be found at the following link.

http://pastebin.com/eg7tDpbK

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks! :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:56 PM

Yeah it sounds like an overheating or PSU issue.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 LFos42

LFos42

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:22 PM

I second the overheating.  You may be able to set an alert if your CPU/GPU passes a certain temp (like a sound or a screen flash) to help realize that's what it is, but this is the obvious problem.  My quick and dirty $0.02 is better thermal paste (on both the CPU and GPU) and better cooling.  Personally I've dropped temps by 20 degrees C using IC diamond paste but even so with a 670 Titan you'll need some good air cooling (at least).  Also you might run something like GPU-Z or other temp monitor software overlayed on top so you can see it overheat that way also (in case you're doubting that's the problem.)

Could be an underpowered or underregulated PSU, but I'd bet on the temps first.

#4 fozzer12

fozzer12

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:21 AM

yes i agree with these guys its an overheating issuse had the same problem myself try installing a fan in it. also where is the pc positioned make sure it has good air flow so its not shoved against the wall, also check inside the case and brush out and also blow out any dust as this will be a insulator for the heat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users