Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia Geforce 680GTX 353.30 TDR, No display on startup. WIN 7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trep1017

trep1017

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:14 AM

Hello, I currently have recently updated my drivers for my geforce 680GTX to 353.30. At the time of using and computer crashing I was using MSI afterburner to see FPS and GPU usage in the Witcher 3 game Also possibly a windows 7 update. My setup includes an Corsair 750AX and a Phenom X4 II 955 BE with 16GB of ram and also two SSDS with one SATA Harddrive. Probably 8 fans total in the system too. I have played around with my computer to try to get it to boot correctly. If I put an older video card like an 7900GS from 2006 into the pc it will start fine under an DVI connection. But with the 680 GTX it will crash on startup and just give the display a black screen or start to boot and even in BIOS it will cause the computer to freeze up. I've tried going into my computer in safe mode with the 7900GS and using driver sweeper and restarting with the 680 GTX still the problem continues even in safe mode the computer will crash on the startup. I went under in bios with the older 7900gs and changed my initial startup display from pci to PEG or PEG1 still will crash. If I get windows 7 to boot all the way up by the time I try to click something It will automatically freeze I'm quite lost on what could be the issue and I thank you for taking time to read this and look forward to all responses

Thanks,

Jeff  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 0xFFFF

0xFFFF

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 PM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:22 AM

It seems like a possible hardware issue with the card itself, how old is it?

#3 trep1017

trep1017
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:24 AM

2013, Also running computer with 7900 starting to get screen tearing issues :( 

Edited by trep1017, 24 July 2015 - 10:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users