Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My laptop should stop charging when it goes to sleep mode automatically

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Manas C D

Manas C D

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:27 AM

Hi,

My laptop should stop charging when it goes to sleep mode automatically. Right now it is charging when laptop goes to sleep mode. I don't want to overcharge my laptop whenever I accidental put it for charging and move out for long time. I want it to stop charging as soon my laptop goes to sleep mode.

Please help.

Thanks in Advance..

Edited by hamluis, 24 July 2015 - 07:06 AM.
Moved from Gen Chat to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,965 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:54 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

What do you mean when you say your laptop is charging while it is supposed to be asleep ? Do you mean that the power light is still on ? If you do, this is, as far as I know, entirely normal - it merely shows that the external supply is connected and live. Certainly this is the case with the four laptops I am responsible for and they are of four different makes and ages ranging from two years to ten years old.

I have seen advice from a battery supplier suggesting that the best way to extend battery life is to charge the battery on the computer to between 95 and 100%, then run it on battery power to about 10 - 15% capacity, then re-charge.

If you are concerned about the safety aspect of leaving your computer plugged in while you are away for perhaps an extended period, then don't put it to sleep but turn it off and then disconnect the power supply.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,779 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:40 PM

That's fine, Your battery wont be harmed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users