Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Burn Image

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:18 PM

Wow, I feel so stupid.  I have done this so many times but never in Windows 7.  I have downloaded Imgburn and minipartition tool partition manager from filehippo.  When I open Imgburn and Browse to the file location were MTPM is, nothing is there.  I had the same issue with my other W7 machine but though that it was because the Optical Drive did not support Writing.  Don't know what is going on here.  Maybe this one don't write either, although it says it does in the cnet specs:

http://www.cnet.com/products/compaq-presario-cq62-210us-15-6-c-900-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-2-gb-ram-250-gb-hdd-series/specs/

What could be going on here, all the specs on that site have been accurate so far?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:27 PM

Did you download the MTPW bootable ISO (75mb): http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html

Then follow this guide: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?/topic/61-how-to-write-an-image-file-to-a-disc-using-imgburn/

You can also just use Windows 7 native disc burning capability: just rt-click the pwfree9.iso file and select burn disk image:

burn_zpsyanhqr1k.png

HTH :)

Edited by Union_Thug, 23 July 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,259 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:44 PM

Yes.

And my windows 7 don't have this option as I was looking for it.  How would I look to see if this Optical Drive is good for Writing.  I guess I could run a Speccy chart?  Also, wondering if there are some other issues with this pc, though it seems to run nice and I cleaned it up from malware recently.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,259 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:46 PM

Sorry forgot to mention, Windows Media Center is not working.  I will look that up and see if something got uninstalled.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,259 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

Got the right iso this time thanks!

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#6 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:15 PM

Got the right iso this time thanks!

YW, glad to hear it. Let us know how it goes...

Sorry forgot to mention, Windows Media Center is not working.  I will look that up and see if something got uninstalled.

What do you mean not working? Do you have it turned on in Control Panel> Programs & Features> Turn Windows features on or off> Media Features:

Spoiler

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 29,991 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:22 PM

Click on the Start orb rsz_1rsz_1rsz_start_orb_zpshjewtibd.png, then type device manager in the Search programs and files box.

This will appear in the results above the search box, right click on it and select Run as administrator.

When the Device manager opens scroll down to DVD/CD drives and double click on it.

Post the information listed there.

Double click on the information that opens.  There will be a box titled Device status.  If it states "This device is working properly" it should be ok.

If there is a yellow warning icon or a red error icon, click on the driver tab and uninstall the driver.

When you restart the computer a new driver will be installed for the optical drive.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:33 PM

Try Microsoft Fix it utility to  repair CD or DVD drive issues, when you cannot burn or play CD or DVD discs, when a drive is not found, not accessible or not connected.

"

Fix problems with CD or DVD drives that can’t read or write media "

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#9 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,259 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:50 PM

Sorry guys I should have clarified that I got it.  I was just downloading the wrong file, it was an .exe file I think.  i deleted it and burned the iso Image to DVD.  I'm new to W7, used XP a little-but Linux the most so things are a little different looking.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users