Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What video card is compatible with my motherboard?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:26 PM

I want one for gaming but not willing to spend over 200 bucks.  I currently use an APU radeon 6550D.  I have a 650W PSU.

Edited by hamluis, 25 July 2015 - 10:38 AM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Building New/Upgrading - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

We would need the make and model of your mother board to assist you in finding your video card specifications. Did you build the computer or purchase it retail?

As much information that you can provide will be terrific!

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:26 AM

If you are not sure about what kind of motherboard you have or the specifications therein please download and run Speccy and provide us the link. In your next post

#4 CalusBlade

CalusBlade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:44 PM

Mother board is a Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-A75-UD4H (Socket M2)

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hCi46jbPBGEooYJKgxeNN2b

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

So probably the R9 270 if you want to go AMD or the GTX 960 if you want to go Nvidia

#6 Buzzsaw

Buzzsaw

• Banned
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:06 PM

I want one for gaming but not willing to spend over 200 bucks.  I currently use an APU radeon 6550D.  I have a 650W PSU.

Hey Calus,

Here's one graphics card that is great for most of the high end gaming.

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($197.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $197.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-25 14:06 EDT-0400

#7 Charlie_Delta1

Charlie_Delta1

• Banned
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:34 PM

Hey Calus,

Here's one graphics card that is great for most of the high end gaming.

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($197.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $197.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-25 14:06 EDT-0400

I don't think you know the 1st thing about Building Computers, or Video Cards, or anything else having to do with hardware tech.  I think you are a marketer dropping links to your cheesy "PC Part Picker" website that (as of 60 seconds ago) isn't even working.  You quote newegg's price, but you don't paste a link to newegg?  You post a link to this cheesy PC Parts Picker website instead, but yet mention newegg.

Last week, you didn't even know what newegg was.  You thought eBay was the place for newbs seeking help purchasing hardware to go to buy their new hardware (the specs and means of acquisition of which they really don't understand, and are relying on your FAKE claims of technological competence in order to spend their money).  I feel sorry for those people, that believe in a scammer like you, giving meaningless recommendations for hardware you don't understand at insignificant and non-functional websites.  Further, your signature recommend that people "use google" because of all the answers people might find there, well really?  Duh?  Google has answers in it?  Who'd have THUNK it?  I just think you are a simple-minded scammer and I hope they shut you down before you persuade people to send their money to your fake website and then never get their hardware while you laugh all the way to the bank.

Then come back a few weeks later and start a new account and run the scam all over again.

jj1fnr.png

Edited by Charlie_Delta1, 25 July 2015 - 01:48 PM.

#8 SilverMist69

SilverMist69

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:46 PM

Lol In response to the comment above I completely agree and in that frame of thought here is a Legit NewEgg link to that graphics card not the Crap link that other guy posted ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125515&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

#9 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 PM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:48 AM

@CalysBlade

1) You have your motherboard specification(s)

2) The RAM specification is "clearly" stated

3) Follow the exact specification that your mother board states for your video card and you will not go wrong!

Whether you are gaming, photo shopping, working on a college course:

your motherboard will tell you, what video card you are able to use!  :crazy:

Oh man...if you want a car that has a V6 motor..however does not have all of the components to run

that engine..you're toast!

Talk to us...what have you found, eliminated, or are possibly confused?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users