Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help me?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TiredOfProblems

TiredOfProblems

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

I bought my pc 6 months ago from an official website - my windows key was already activated when i got it.
Then after a few months i got a msg '' your windows ia not genuine '' i tried to do everything,
then i tried to reactive windows with the Product key from my sticker on the computer..

note my First windows code is not the same code as the code on my computer sticker..
when i activated this it worked.. i ran, '' slui.exe '' it says '' windows activation suceeded ''
then... it says windows is not genuine.. and i cant use windows update...!?

I check if my windows key is good on my pc.. it say it is.. then i go on windows website.. it say i have to buy a new..

anyone with simlar problem.. what the hell.. this computer is not even 1 year old..
and this has never hapened on my other pc i had for 7 years before this one.

Edited by TiredOfProblems, 23 July 2015 - 06:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:44 PM

IMO as soon as the issue started I would have gone to the vendor, at this point you may have tussle  with MS on the phone.

Down load this to see if you COA key matches what is on the machine: https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Armed with that info and your receipt first hit the vendor then MS, good luck the vendor should make it right.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:53 PM

Download and run the MGADiag tool from Microsoft. The Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool or MGADiag Tool provides detailed information about the Microsoft Genuine Advantage components and settings currently on your system. It will allow you to diagnose and hopefully resolve problems regarding your Genuine Windows.

Run the tool, copy its findings to your clipboard and then paste the results in your reply.

MGADiagResults_zps6aae5d78.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users