Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7 not hanging at welcome screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DrifterUK

DrifterUK

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 AM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:29 PM

Edit - noticed Ive mistyped the title and cant work out how to change it
Hey guys. Apologies if this has been asked before (Im stuck on my phone, so it was hard to look.) Im having an issue with my laptop where when it reaches the blue Win 7 Welcome screen, it just sits there with the blue ring rotating indefinitely

It started about 4 hours ago. My laptop froze (Im not sure why) and when it rebpoted, it installed and configured updates from the automatic update. After that, its just been stoppong indefinitely on the welcome screen. Ive rebooted countless times at this point, and each time the same issue

Whats worse is that the same issue also exists in safe mode. I can reboot normally, though windows loads slowly, but even in safe mode, it doesnpass the load screen

so far Ive tried running startup repair, both in built an off the install disk, as well as a shstem restore from the install disk.
Start repair ran once, and is no saying there are no errors despite the prsisting problem. System restore ran once too and made no difference, and is now saying I have no restore points.

Lastly, of all the numerous reboots, its made it to my desktop twice. First time it Blue Screened after about 2 minutes, and the second time, my background loaded, but nothing else

If anyone has any suggestions or can help, it would be hugely appreciated as Im out of ideas on what to do now :/

(ps. Sorrry about the typing. As i said, Im stuck using my phone :/ )

Edited by DrifterUK, 23 July 2015 - 01:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Try this:

> Reboot

> Immediately start tapping F8 key

> Choose "Repair Your Computer"

> Next

> OK

.....wait for the repair menu to load.....

Now you have two choices that are relevant to your problem:

>Startup Repair

>System Restore

>Windows Memory Diagnostic

I suggest running the Memory Diagnostic first (takes several minutes)

Next, Run Startup Repair

Next, attempt System Restore (again)

Post back with results.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users