Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Sat On My Laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 2pmintheAM

2pmintheAM

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:05 PM

So.. about a week ago I placed my laptop on my car seat so I wouldn't forget it.. again, and I accidentally sat on it.. OOPS.

Here's what happened:
1. There's a now a small little scuff on the screen, that is only barely visible when dark colors are displayed behind it.
2. The hinge, only when pulling the screen TOWARD me, is a little weaker than it used to be.

Touch screen and everything else still work perfect.

The hinge I believe it weak because on the right side, it appears to be somewhat, loser, than the left side.

I reached out to ASUS about the hinge issue, I didn't mention the small scuff on the display, nor did I mention I accidentally sat on the laptop.

I was told the laptop would be repaired within 5 days after shipping it in, UNLESS PHYSICAL DAMAGE IS DISCOVERED.

Crap.

Do you think if I sent it in, ASUS would fix the hinge issue, and not sent it back saying "Physical Damage Was Discovered". Or even better, to fix the hinge do you think they would replace the entire display, which would also fix the minor scuff on the display I didn't even mention to ASUS? 

OH ALSO: My laptop is an ASUS UX303LA

I feel bad potentially trying to abuse their warranty policy, but I spent so much money on a good laptop for college ):

Thanks!

-Oh also, I apologize if this is the incorrect thread, I looked at every thread title and decided this was as close as I could get!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:19 PM

There's really no way for us to tell you whether they will ' discover ' possible physical damage and at worst 'charge you or not fix it'.  I CAN tell you that honesty is usually the best policy.  Karma and all ... The hinge itself is not physically part of the display so they can replace a hinge without replacing the display.  Good Luck !

Edited by YeahBleeping, 23 July 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 PM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

Duplicate with more replies here. Closed this one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581365/i-sat-on-my-laptop/#entry3749941

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users