Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck in Preparing Automatic Repair loop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gaiusmarchaave

gaiusmarchaave

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:55 AM

EDIT: THE PROBLEM IS NOW SOLVED :) CHECK THE MY THIRD POST BELOW FOR WHAT I DID, IF YOU ENCOUNTERED THE SAME PROBLEMS. THANK YOU :)

The symptoms started yesterday. I can't print from my printer, it displays itself as offline. What I did was to download a driver online from Epson website, and then installed it. When I tried printing it encountered an error. I've tried to restart the computer, hoping that it would finally solve the problem. My Toshiba Satellite laptop was stuck in the Preparing Automatic Repair Loop, after which it displays that it can't diagnose the PC. I've tried entering to Safe Mode (which didn't work since I can't get Windows to load) and doing System Restore (which did nothing).

My attempt shifted to trying to retrieve the files I have in my hard drive before reseting the installation. Right now I'm using Linux MInt Live Boot, but I can't access the root folder from Linux Mint.

What are the chances my files are doomed? There are still other options I haven't tried, including disabling the antivirus software.

(My hard disk has ~500GB and 100GB is the free space; I have huge amounts of files there that I want recovered)

I thank you in advance :D

Gaius

Edited by gaiusmarchaave, 23 July 2015 - 10:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,046 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 AM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:07 PM

Do you have any system images? What about recovery discs/USB sticks (though those will only get you as far as the windows recovery environment at which point you will need a system image.)? CAn you get to the "advnaced options" rather than letting windows try to repair itself automatically? Have you tried going into the "system image recovery" options and seeing if there is already a system image hidden on a partition of the hard-drive, some manufacturers do this.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#3 gaiusmarchaave

gaiusmarchaave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:12 PM

Hello rp88, yes I do have those options avilable. :D are there anything I should do before doing these?

EDIT: The system has no system images. I'd love to use a recovery disk as the system is bundled by OEM but I don't have an installer disc.

EDIT: I've checked this page for some steps to remove the automatic repair loop

https://www.winhelp.us/repair-your-computer-in-windows-8.html#.UNiYcOQabfJ

I've specifically did echo list volume | diskpart  and my hard drive displayed as Healthy.

Edited by gaiusmarchaave, 23 July 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#4 gaiusmarchaave

gaiusmarchaave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:35 PM

I have now solved the issue :) these are the steps, check the link in previous post:

1. I have disabled the Automatic Repair via the Command Prompt. 

2. I have disabled digital signature verification

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users