Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Messed up windows 7 reinstall. Please help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dwraaonybine

dwraaonybine

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 PM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:58 AM

My computer is an Acer Aspire 5733Z-4633 with windows 7. It was running really slowly for a long time and I was desperate to somehow fix it. After trying many things for the past two years I thought I would try factory resetting it and reinstalling windows. Well while doing that it got to about half way reinstalled and then my computer just shut down/ over heat ( which it does a lot). I turned it back on and it popped back up as half finished but is stuck there. This happened about a week or two ago. Right after it happened I just have up and figured I could get another computer eventually. Well it hasn't worked out that way and I really need/ want my computer back. I turned it back on an it is still stuck on 19/34 , which is clear.fi v1.0. It says on the screen to plug in the charger and keep the computer on, which I guess when it over heated and shut down is what is causing the problem now. Is there some way to restart the windows reinstall process? Please any help would be great! Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,745 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:02 AM

First I would find the cause of over heating, likely dust in the vents which can be blown out with canned air.  I have had installs dye for one or another reason, only once did I have to write 0's to the drive.  Writing 0's to the drive needs to be done using the drive manufacturers software, have a friend down load it ti w USB stick.  In the bios change the boot order to the stick, it will over write all previous data putting the drive back to its original state.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#3 dwraaonybine

dwraaonybine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

@Doppleganger Ok thank you i will try that. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,623 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:14 PM

If you only have a recovery partition for factory reset and no install disks then you will lose the ability to factory reset if you zero out the drive. I would try doing another factory reset by pressing the Alt + tap F10 at boot

http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2631

This video says to also use the Ctrl key so if Alt + F10 does not work try doing it as shown in the video.

Edited by JohnC_21, 23 July 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,745 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:49 PM

Hopefully that was a good save!  Teach me to read better!

Thanx John

Edited by OldPhil, 23 July 2015 - 02:51 PM.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users