Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Google patches 43 security flaws in latest Chrome update", via ZDNet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:37 AM

Google has patched 43 security problems, many of them deemed critical, in the latest update to the Chrome browser.

On Wednesday, Google pushed Chrome 44 for Windows, Mac and Linux to the stable channel and for public release. As part of the Chrome 44.0.2403.89 update, 43 bugs have been fixed, with many of the bugs submitted by external researchers.

Google patches 43 security flaws in latest Chrome update

Google Chrome 44 update log:

http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.ca/2015/07/stable-channel-update_21.html

Bug Bounty programs are an amazing thing when it comes to help software maker to make their products more secure :)

Edited by Aura, 23 July 2015 - 08:38 AM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:38 AM

Just noticed some subtle changes in the Chrome interface (the loading icon) in addition to the bugfixes.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:40 AM

Which loading icon? For a webpage? I would have to get a webpage that have a decent loading page to notice it :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:11 PM

I have latest version Chrome and https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html still tells me I am vulnerable to logjam attack. It has been telling me this for a while, and I keep expecting a Chrome update to solve that.

Is there something I should be doing on my end about this?

#5 yu gnomi

yu gnomi

• Members
  • 532 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

Chrome beta Version 45.0.2454.26 beta-m (64-bit) is no longer vulnerable to logjam. I assume that stable version of Chrome 45, whenever that gets released, will also be proof vs. logjam.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:53 PM

For those who don't know what Logjam is:

https://weakdh.org/

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users