Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audible Sound

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 magee

magee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:37 PM

my computer started to issue a human razzberry sound when I open my e-mail and also during startup.
Since this started I have removed Mcafee security and the norton security from my computer and installed
the complete zonealarm security suite thinking that this would rescan my computer differently than the previous security. It came up quite clean only one item was fixed. I still have this noise that seems to be increasing in occurrence. I have the feeling that I'm still invaded. Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:26 PM

Beeping noises after startup are usually a sign of hardware related issues or an indication of high temperatures. When was the last time you cleaned the inside of your computer? Make sure the fans are working and the heat sink on the processor is not blocked with dust or debris. Remove the CPU's cooling unit, remove any dust with a can of compressed air. You can also remove the cards, RAM modules, clean and reseat them.

When a computer is first turned on, or rebooted, its BIOS performs a power-on self test (POST) to test the system's hardware, checking to make sure that all of the system's hardware components are working properly and that it meets the necessary system requirements before booting up. If BIOS detects an error and fails the POST, the computer returns a pattern of beeps indicating what is causing the problem.

Beep codes can be in several different patterns, depending on the BIOS that you are using. Some BIOSes use simple beep codes in a pattern of varying numbers of short beeps, while others may mix short and long beeps. The exact meaning of the beep codes depends on the type and version of BIOS that you have. The three most popular types of BIOS are those made by Award, American Megatrends (AMI) and Phoenix.

In order to interpret the beep code pattern you are receiving we need to know exactly what version of BIOS your computer has. The easiest way to do this is to download and install the Belarc Advisor from here. After installed, run the Advisor and it will produce a report with the version of BIOS on your computer. Then you can look up the appropriate codes for the manufacturer at BIOS Central or computerhope.com
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users