Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 11/windows 7, unable to type into some text fields.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DevilChillin

DevilChillin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:15 PM

Hello,

My 8 year old son decided to download some Malware onto my computer while I was deployed the last few months.  Anyway Im running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and am having issues entering text into IE 11.  I believe the issue stems from PUP.Optional.MindSpark.

Im pretty sure I removed MindSpark completely by using MalwareBytes, SuperAntiSpyware, and CCleaner to get rid of it.  I also have McAfee AntiVirus which didnt catch Mindspark.

So the problem now and when the PUP was on my computer is that I cannot enter text into text fields on IE 11.  Right now Im using Google Chrome and am having no issues with it, but I would like to get the IE 11 problem fixed.  Also as a note if I run IE 11 as an administrator it acts normal, but as soon as I close the browser and reopen it, it stops working again.  A couple of things I have done that wound up with no results include:  Restoring Internet options to default, turning off protected mode, and ran a Windows system performance scan.  Also Ive made sure everything on my computer has the latest and greatest updates.

So hopefully somebody here can help me out.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users