Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network Analyzing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thomasmk93

thomasmk93

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

I am trying to use a Network Analyzer/ Scanner for Mac OS X. It is my first time and may need some help. I DO NEED a recommendation to a free one that i can use either for my Macbook or Iphone. I'm trying to see what the best channel, hotspot for my (wireless repeater, and IP address to use within my router. Side note, how do I close answered/old posts. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:52 AM

If you can't find a good free one in the store, I'm not sure what us looking for you will do. The good ones you have to pay for.

As far as IP to use, use which of the 3 private addresses you want: 10.0.0.0, 172.16.0.0, or 192.168.X.X. It makes no difference which you use to the people around you.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 thomasmk93

thomasmk93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:19 AM

If you can't find a good free one in the store, I'm not sure what us looking for you will do. The good ones you have to pay for.

As far as IP to use, use which of the 3 private addresses you want: 10.0.0.0, 172.16.0.0, or 192.168.X.X. It makes no difference which you use to the people around you.

I just don't know which one to download? Any one ever use one before? 

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:35 AM

Try Wireless Diagnostics that is built into MAC OS.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:18 PM

There is no "best" ip address to use.  Just use what you get natively with your router.

Here is a link to xirrus wifi inspector for mac

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Dashboard-Widgets/Webcams/Miscellaneous/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor.shtml

Edited by Wand3r3r, 23 July 2015 - 12:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users