Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need help editing selfie

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PhoenixRising23

PhoenixRising23

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:18 PM

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AlVN_00h4Lx34HSW3Zllf8gM_dw4?qid=20150721143537AARw4lx

My Gf took a selfie with my aunts kitten while it was yawning. It looks vicious. Id like to add a cool background to it other that the couch so i can put it on a poster but my graphic editing skills are atrocious. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by hamluis, 23 July 2015 - 06:36 AM.
Moved from Gen Chat to Graphics Editing - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:49 AM

Graphic editing can be time consuming and difficult but worth experimenting with. Another way might be to treat this as a simple craft project :

1) Colour photocopy printing services are usually easy to find and not expensive. Obtain a good quality xerox colour copy of your photo...say A3 or A4 paper size.

2) Go to a craft supply shop and get some removable double sided tape, fine pair of scissors and a nice sheet of paper or a picture for the background. 

3) Carefully cut the kitty out - be sure to maintain the spikey fur around the edges.

4) Now you only need a couple of pieces of the double sided sticky tape to simply position the kitty on the background.

5) Finally get a full page colour photocopy of your finished masterpiece. Either laminate or frame the copy and/or original.

Good luck ! :)

#3 PhoenixRising23

PhoenixRising23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:58 AM

Thanks i was hoping for someone to have fun with the image, and do it as an example. If you could id appreciate it!

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

Fluid Mask to take out the background and Serif PhotoPlus to crop the image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kd2sk238ig2egst/Kitten.png?dl=0

Not convinced its an image worth using though !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users