Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard replacement on HP computer.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DemiGods

DemiGods

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

Now I have heard that replacing parts on store bought computers is not the same because PC manufactures make proprietary part. Now my question is, is it possible to replace the motherboard on an HP computer that's not the same motherboard? I know I could buy the same one but I rather upgrade to a newer model altogether. My HP is a P6330f, its about 3-4 years old.

I have replaced the RAM with one of my other computers that do work, I've tried the HP PC HDD on a different computer and it works, I've replaced the PSU as well and nothing. I'm fairly certain its the motherboard because I also don't get the beeps at the beginning, the only other thing would be the CPU, but I don't know how to test that.

So again, would I be able to replace/upgrade the Motherboard on that HP computer?

Here's a link to the PC on Newegg.

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16883147093

Would a mod be able to move my topic, I started it on the wrong place. Sorry.

Edited by DemiGods, 22 July 2015 - 07:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:45 PM

If you own an original copy of the OS on the drive you desire to use, a REPAIR is possible, updating the needed drivers that the disk finds to fit the new hardware changes.

#3 DemiGods

DemiGods
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:48 PM

Well its not so much the upgrading that is needed, my Mobo just isn't working. Computer fans turn on but the screen stays black. That's whybI want to replace my motherboard, I just don't know if its possible.

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:09 PM

If you are armed with the dimensions and the onboard options of the MOBO you have, it would be possible to shop for a suitable replacement.  Fry's Electronics or parts retailer would help.  Fry's actually has a sample board posted in the store,  makes it easier to check the rear connections, maybe opt for on board options instead of plugin cards or more memory.  HP units can often be found on Craigs List and E-bay.  An HP part number would also go a long way to getting an exact replacement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users