Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard Shortcut

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:53 AM

Have searched for an answer to this seemingly simple question,but came up empty handed!
Is there a keyboard shortcut for a middle click? My mouse only has two buttons and I can't master clicking them simultaneously (because of a dexterity issue).
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:05 PM

Check out this program. www.geocities.com/pronto4u/mouseemulator.html
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:09 PM

I don't understand what you mean by a "middle click", but you may find what you are looking for in "accessability options" or the "mouse" section in the control panel.

You can also check the following Microsoft support page:
Keyboard shortcuts for Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449/

#4 TMacK

TMacK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:55 PM

Thanx for your replies buddy215 and Enthusiast!
That program is interesting,wonder if it has a middle click option? Do you or someone you know use this mouse emulator buddy215? I make it a habbit of not downloading anything without knowing its history.
Had never looked thru the accessability options before.But niether it nor the Micro$oft link offered a shortcut fix.
Enthusiast,because I use Firefox,the ms support page wouldn't display in its entirety,so I used my IE Tab extension to view it in IE.One of the options with this extension is to middle click to use a new tab to switch rendering engines. Another extension I can use it with is Image Zoom.
Maybe I should go to the source and post this in the Firefox forum Posted Image
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:16 PM

No, I haven't used this. There is an email link on that site to the designer that says you can ask any questions that you have. The site doesn't mention Firefox. It does say it emulates the middle wheel. Have you considered just getting another mouse?

www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/keyboard
A list of keyboard shortcuts in Firefox

Edited by buddy215, 11 July 2006 - 02:21 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 TMacK

TMacK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:05 PM

Hi buddy215!
I had already checked that out but the list of keyboard shortcuts in Firefox makes no mention of a middle click.
I could always put a new mouse on my Christmas list!
Cheers and Thanx!
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#7 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:58 PM

I use Firefox as well and have been using a four button mouse, the middle being the scroll wheel and one just under it functioning as a "back button".

I would think that if your mouse had other buttons with other functions the software to run it would be the mouse manufacturer's as the one to operate mine was logitech's.

Don't you still have to use IE for Windows updates?

#8 TMacK

TMacK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:56 PM

I've never used the IE Tab for windows updates,but thier homepage says it'll work! http://ietab.mozdev.org/ Go figure!
After playing around a bit today,I think the problem may be with the Image Zoom extension itself,as I can middle click(the scroll wheel)to use the IE Tab function. Am in the process of investigating this.
My mouse is an ultru cheapo that came with my system from Dell so who knows!
Chaos reigns within.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users