Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bpruitt

bpruitt

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

I have browsed bleeping computers from time to time for a while now. I am the last one in the house to jump on the computer and when I do, there always seems to be something wrong with it.  I have several wanna be techs around, including myself, trying to fix things or do maintenance but we don't know any more than the next person does.  Therefore, after many of us scouring and not knowing any better with our self help efforts we have had our trials with adware.  This is what led me to all of you!  I was skeptical at first but over time I began to respect the honesty I see here!  I appreciate that there is help for all and it is honest and not misleading.  I also appreciate kind comments, rather than snippy remarks to those of us that have no clue what we are doing and absolutely make a mess of things.  So thank you all for having me.  :hello:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:56 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...Best regards
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:49 AM

Hello Bpruitt, and welcome to this bleeping website.

Re: your comments about snippy remarks from posters; you will find that pretty much all the regulars who post in to help will not be sarcastic or snippy. We are not here for an ego trip, just to help out because we have a passion for IT and enjoy figuring out a problem. We are volunteers, many have careers in the field, and our reward for this is not money but a good pride in helping someone out with a complex and confusing machine. IOW, it's fun.

There are two things that will ruffle our feathers, however: not following the instructions given in diagnosing the problem (very common), and, suddenly disappearing from your thread half way through the diagnostic procedure and leaving the person who is helping you hanging, wondering if you will post back again or not. It's just plain rude. Many times we spend considerable amounts of time forming up a procedure to follow and posting it.

Anyway, welcome to the site.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 bpruitt

bpruitt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

Hello Bpruitt, and welcome to this bleeping website.

Re: your comments about snippy remarks from posters; you will find that pretty much all the regulars who post in to help will not be sarcastic or snippy. We are not here for an ego trip, just to help out because we have a passion for IT and enjoy figuring out a problem. We are volunteers, many have careers in the field, and our reward for this is not money but a good pride in helping someone out with a complex and confusing machine. IOW, it's fun.

There are two things that will ruffle our feathers, however: not following the instructions given in diagnosing the problem (very common), and, suddenly disappearing from your thread half way through the diagnostic procedure and leaving the person who is helping you hanging, wondering if you will post back again or not. It's just plain rude. Many times we spend considerable amounts of time forming up a procedure to follow and posting it.

Anyway, welcome to the site.

I can respect that!  Very nice of folks to volunteer, especially for someone like me that really enjoy the internet and nifty things that computers enable us to do but don't have the foggiest idea of what we may or may not do that impact the running of our machines.  So thank you for the tips and the welcome.  I am happy to be here :rolleyes:

#5 bpruitt

bpruitt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...

Best regards
The BC Staff

These links were very helpful. Thank you

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:27 AM

You're welcome.