Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Social Mob.exe what is it?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gadgetman728

Gadgetman728

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:38 AM

I've got a file called socialmob.exe running in task manager. anyone know what this is? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,039 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

I am moving this to the Am I Infected form from WIN 7, just in case.

I can only find 2 references in Google and neither appears to be malicious.

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Social Mob\Social Mob.exe 6195 71C97CC9D9DFBAEA6CF98C4BFD85C8C3

2 C:\Documents and Settings\username\Datos de programa\Social Mob\Social Mob.exe 6451 6A439CEEFE4FD42A7DFC054CA3BE8F84

Is it using a lot of CPU?

If yes ... go to (Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs ) remove it and restart the PC.

Edited by boopme, 22 July 2015 - 10:21 AM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Gadgetman728

Gadgetman728
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

It is not in Add/remove programs. It running uner processes called SocialMob.exe*32, uses CPU 0, uses 888K memory. It is also running under Services as SocialMob PID 1884. The properties of its file say it's in C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Roaming\Social Mob.   I'm thinking it's something Google based. 

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,039 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

It's normally in a hidden folder... AppData\Roaming
You may have your system set to show hidden files/folders
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Gadgetman728

Gadgetman728
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:50 AM

It doesn't matter if it's a hidden file or not, I wanted to know where it came from. thanks for the thought though. 

I right clicked on the socialmob process and followed it to the containing folder and deleted it. After several reboots it is still gone. The only thing I've downloaded an a good while has been an Android app for my phone through the Google play on my computer. I also played around a bit in the Google world - Google Drive and Google +, maybe that had something to do with it, although, you would think if it was Google related, a Google search would bring it up. It also might have been a remnant from some other program.  No Matter, my computer runs great, I was just worried about an unknown process. 

I clean out computers for people for a sideline, and have cleaned up some of the worst, thanks to the help I've gotten here.  Thanks for trying to help once again.  Have a GREAT day all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users