Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Issues - Please Help a newbie!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sleepwalkerx

Sleepwalkerx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:46 AM

Hey guys, so i've been playing around with this issue for awhile and can't seem to crack it, I have a little bit of computer knowledge and can be ran through most things quite easily but I just have no clue what to do in this situation.

So heres a quick rundown on my issue and if you could help or give advice on this it would be amazing also!

- I play a few online games, at the moment its mainly League of Legends, also I just re-bought Fallout New Vegas as i'm running through it again in anticipation for Fallout 4!

Now I usually dont have any issues with lag or anything at all and my computer usually runs really smoothly but for the past month or so i've been having issues, when im in league of legends when the game starts and the creeps spawn I get lag, (its not due to internet speed or ping but more Frame Rate). I can see it in my game and I took the frame rate cap off and for some reason it fluctuates like crazy - like from 80 - 200 FPS. The only thing that it does is it makes it look like im stutter stepping almost, like tiny lags between motions etc and I have no idea why, I tried to boot up Fallout and it did the exact same thing to a point where its basically unplayable.

Does anyone know why this might be happening by chance or know how to resolve it??? I have a Radeon HD6950 series graphics card and an AMD PHenom  II X4 955 quad core processor, if you can help I would appreciate it greatly! Don't know where else to go!

Thanks team!!

-  EDIT - I'm also running WIndows 7 64 bit.

Edited by Sleepwalkerx, 22 July 2015 - 05:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sleepwalkerx

Sleepwalkerx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:50 AM

Forgive me if this is too vague or in the wrong place! If you have any questions just ask :)

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

I usually do not like responding to these types of posts.  Normally because most ' users ' simply cannot tell the difference between what is causing the ' lag ' they see.  And I admit If I hadn't been around a long time It would be hard for even an expert to tell what may be causing your ' stutter ' issue.  So.. take this for what it's worth.

If its only the little minion's spawn that is causing a stutter than it most likely is NOT the video card and COULD be network latency or possibly even hard drive ' lag ' .  When the 'stuttering starts' is your hard drive light blinking rapidly? IF it is you may simply need to defragment your hard drive I have seen malware cause this .. you could be infected.  The fact that it ' also happens ' when your playing a different game could be driver conflicts with your system.  And I've seen malware cause this.  You can try to defrag your drive (if its not an SSD) run display driver uninstaller (DDU) and download / update the newest drivers for your video card.  Obviously check for malware.  It could be your hard drive failing.  It could be a system file.  Theres' just so many things that it ' could ' be that without actually seeing what your referring to makes it hard to determine the problem.  It could be you have your graphics settings simply up too high for your video card to keep up the frame rate.

I hope I've helped and I hope you are able to nail it down .... and Shyvana 4 eva.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,554 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:47 PM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users