Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

screen does not show (not a monitor problem)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dldutkd01

dldutkd01

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:39 PM

So i had this old computer which had a lot of heating problems and I messed around with it by myself because i couldnt get any help and one day the monitor was not showing at all

What I thought had gone wrong was that I applied too much thermal paste on my new cpu and I was messing around with the paste on so the motherboard was painted with the paste on some places

so i bought a new case a new motherboard and a new cpu i bought the same motherboard (link below) but downgraded to 6 core amd from 8 core because i didnt have enough money and i thought 6 was enough to play league and so i kept the

• Power Supply
  • Graphics card
  • Hard Drive and
  • Ram

and after that i connected them all together but the same problem persists: fan running from both cpu and graphics card while the monitor is black

after that i saw somewhere that ram might be causing this problem so i bought another ram (link below)

but i still have the same problem I tried the bios reset not sure what it does just trying everything i can

If this thread cannot get me answers im going to get a professional help though im not sure where i can

Motherboard link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009FC3YJ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[1]

RAM Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WAGG14/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[2]

Case Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WAGG14/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[3]

Current CPU Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009O7YORK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1[4] please ask if there is any more info that you need out of me

im not even sure if i even connected the pieces right im complete newbie at this first time i had help but this time i did it alone so thats why im not sure if i connected them correctly but i think i did okay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

The first or next thing to try is using the onboard graphics of your motherboard. Have you tried that already? This is evident from the very first symptom of a no video or blackscreen to monitor before you have replaced or decided to fiddle with your system as the problem might simply point to your video card.

If this thread cannot get me answers im going to get a professional help though im not sure where i can

Actually, you might need actual guidance/suggestion by an experience technician as you might also be able to salvage or save your previous motherboard and CPU. It might not cost that much as compared to your previously purchased components. :thumbup2:

Tekken

#3 dldutkd01

dldutkd01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

yes i did try the onboard it was fine i remember even before i had the gpu i was using the onboard and obviously its not showing even with it now for some reason

Edited by dldutkd01, 21 July 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:22 PM

i was using the onboard and obviously its not showing even with it now for some reason

Maybe you were using the graphics card first hand before switching to onboard. At this case, I would try removing the CMOS battery for a couple of minutes then press the power button for atleast 10 seconds (with power cord unplugged). Use the onboard again then see if any changes. I would reseat the RAM (always make sure to touch the side casing before working inside) and don't connect any hard drives, just a keyboard would do. I'm assuming that the CMOS battery is not weak and the motherboard is in good condition.

Tekken

#5 dldutkd01

dldutkd01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:26 PM

i tried the CMOS reset couple times too didnt work and yeah i also just tried reseating the ram with gpu and drives unplugged so

#6 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:33 PM

Do you happen to have tried changing the video cable or have check the ports on either end are properly seated? There is usually a slight beep on some desktops before a splash screen image on monitor or during POST. This would indicate a good CPU or it is properly seated also.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users