Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Permanently deleted file from recycle bin

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 E. Guido Soda

E. Guido Soda

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

How to recover?  Have tried a couple of the "free" softwares out there to no avail. 

- easeUS

- Wondershare

- Active File Recovery

Deleted a Word doc from a folder, then deleted it from the recycle bin.  Windows 7 on a work-issue Dell Latitude E6440.  Any help is appreciated.

Thx,

EGS

Edited by E. Guido Soda, 21 July 2015 - 08:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:53 PM

Your chance of success depends very much on the amount of "use" the pc has had since deleting the file from the recycle bin.

Try RECUVA  

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 E. Guido Soda

E. Guido Soda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:43 PM

Your chance of success depends very much on the amount of "use" the pc has had since deleting the file from the recycle bin.

Try RECUVA 

Thanks man - just deleted the file last night.  Appreciate the heads up, trying Recuva now.

#4 E. Guido Soda

E. Guido Soda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:11 AM

Try RECUVA 

No such luck.  Didn't recover the doc.  Weird - it did recover some older stuff....

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,815 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:58 PM

That seems a touch weird....I have not had sufficient experience with Recuva to know why that would be....

Is there any equally weird chance that the file is actually not deleted...??

Type the file name in the search box after clicking on the Start button....or EVERYTHING     is good to use.

Edited by Condobloke, 22 July 2015 - 04:06 PM.

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#6 E. Guido Soda

E. Guido Soda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:34 PM

That seems a touch weird....I have not had sufficient experience with Recuva to know why that would be....

Is there any equally weird chance that the file is actually not deleted...??

Type the file name in the search box after clicking on the Start button....or EVERYTHING     is good to use.

And most of the files that it did recover were completely corrupted.  Anyway, yeah, I'm sure it was deleted.  Will try EVERYTHING.

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,815 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

"" MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a free data recovery tool that can be used recovery deleted files, deleted partitions, and even digital media off of flash drives. This program is very easy to use with recovery wizards and easy to use interface. Furthermore, MiniTool Power Data Recovery not only recovers data from hard disk and RAID device, but also supports to recover data from CD, DVD disks, memory card, memory stick, and flash drive.""

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitool-power-data-recovery-free/

#8 E. Guido Soda

E. Guido Soda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:16 PM

"" MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a free data recovery tool that can be used recovery deleted files, deleted partitions, and even digital media off of flash drives. This program is very easy to use with recovery wizards and easy to use interface. Furthermore, MiniTool Power Data Recovery not only recovers data from hard disk and RAID device, but also supports to recover data from CD, DVD disks, memory card, memory stick, and flash drive.""

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitool-power-data-recovery-free/

<sigh> Guess it just ain't gonna happen...thanks for eberything.

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,815 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:28 PM

Sorry I could not help more.

We used to have a 'resident' data retrieval expert, but I think the case load wore him out !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users