Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Error Code 9C59 (IE11)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kkoz83

kkoz83

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

Hi everybody, how are you?

I finished disinfecting an Acer laptop running Windows 7 64-bit but still need some help.

I cannot update to IE11.  I keep getting the error code 9C59 in Windows Update.  I reverted even back to IE8 - no luck! :(

Please help!!! :)  :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,605 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

Go here and make sure you have every update listed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2847882

#3 kkoz83

kkoz83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for that.  Some uninstalled updates were not compatible with the system - so not IE11...but, how do I get IE9 (which was on previously)?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,605 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

What version of IE do you currently have, IE8? You can get the full install of V9 here.

Edit: If you can get IE9 to install then install the full version of IE9 then download the full installer of IE11 and try the install.

Edited by JohnC_21, 21 July 2015 - 07:19 PM.

#5 kkoz83

kkoz83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:48 PM

IE9 installed successfully (IE11 did not) and Windows Update updated to IE10.  

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,605 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:06 AM

In the link I provided for required updates there is an update for IE10. If that is not installed, install it and try the IE11 update through the full installer.

#7 kkoz83

kkoz83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

I installed IE10 but IE11 won't install - oh well :)

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,193 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:37 AM

Hi kkoz83 :)

If you still need help with upgrading to Internet Explorer 11, follow the instructions below please.

EndqYRa.pngSystem File Checker (SFC)
Follow the instructions below to run a SFC scan on your system and to provide the CBS log in your next reply;
  • On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator
  • On Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);
  • Enter the command below and press on Enter;
    sfc /scannow
    Note: There's a space between "sfc" and "/scannow";
  • Once the scan is complete, enter the command below and press on Enter
    copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"
  • A file called cbs.txt will have appeared on your Desktop. Upload the file on Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive and post the download URL for it here;
Note: Please note that the CBS.log is volatile, which means that if you don't upload it after the SFC scan is completed, it won't contains the information from the scan anymore. So archive it and upload it as soon as you can.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#9 kkoz83

kkoz83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

The sfc found no problems.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,193 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

Do you have a laptop with dual graphics (GPU)?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#11 kkoz83

kkoz83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 421 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:53 PM

No dual graphics but this topic can be closed because I gave the laptop back to its owner.

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,193 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:54 PM

Threads aren't closed on BleepingComputer, only in the malware removal area. We just have to stop replying to it and let it be :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users