Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD, System Hangs, Input Devices Non Responsive, Repeated Hard Bootup

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 janefs

janefs

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:06 AM

Hi

Many, many problems with my desktop. Was about to throw in the rubbish but I would like to keep it running until W10 is released and is stable, then upgrade both OS and hardware. Read other people having similar.

Problems started three or four months ago with 100% CPU usage problems, disk usage light hard on, and memory usage at 70 - 80%. Initially would be in this 'full-use' state for 20 minutes or so, especially but not exclusively at sign-on, during which time Browser unusable, even Explorer would take 2mins to open a folder. Then return to stable, responsive state. I cleaned out Startup Programmes, removed all unnessary services. No change. Removed GWX and Auto Windows Update, restored to previous restore points, etc but same problems continued.

Then problem progressed to a totally non-responsive state, mouse, keyboard, esc, ctrl-alt-del not responding. Only action was to power off. Power on would offer Safe Mode, so chose Safe mode and once up, did a restart, mostly that worked, occasionally would fail and then repeat and repeat until windows would load. I backed up all files, suspecting a progressive failure of the MB, Memory or HDDs.

For the past week, booting up has been a slow repetitive task, having to boot up between 5 and 10 times, just to get to a working windows session. Many times a message 'Windows was unable to boot' and sometimes offered (not always offered) Windows Repair I would follow that route, chosing a previous restore point. No avail, hard boot / no boot problems continued.

Had a BSOD with message Memory-Management (I think) did not copy screen. Bootup problems continued.

After backing up everything, I reloaded Windows 7 (Ultimate) on 17/07 i.e 3 days ago.

OS refresh appears successful (perhaps?) and I managed to load Chrome and Avast, WD Discovery.  All new downloads from original sites. Service Pack 1 I have not attempted.

Crashes, 100% CPU usage, screen freezes, mouse and keyboard non responsive - all problems have returned. It took 7 or 8 reboots to get the machine to finally boot up and windows to start to be usable.

Information

· OS - Windows 7 Ultimate (currently no Service Pack 1 - see comments above)
· x86 (32-bit)

· What was original installed OS on system? W7 Home x86, but Ultimate loaded immed after purchase in 2012
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version.  Is OEM full - purchased Ultimate from MS.
· Age of system (hardware) 2012
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?  Yes, in 2012, and again 4 days ago on 17/07

· CPU Dual E2160 1.8GHz
· Video Card
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop)

· System Manufacturer Generic
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)

· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

Note on running the Collection App, I got a warning: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

Output attached.

Any advice appreciated.

Jane

Attached Files

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Specs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ASUS N67VM-S3113V, Intel i7-3610 QM, CPU 2.3GHz 8GB RAM, 1TB, 64-bit OS, Windows 10 Home 
ASUS Eee 1005HA, Intel Atom CPU N270 1.60GHZ 1GB RAM, 32-bit OS, Windows 10 Home

NUC5i5RYH: Intel i5, 32-bit Windows 10 Pro

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 PM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:50 AM

No memory dumps in uploaded reports, or in the KernelDumpList report.

No BSOD errors reported in the WER section of MSINFO32

Has the system BSOD'd since you reinstalled the OS?

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 0207) dates from 2007.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

Only 1 Windows Update installed.  Most systems have 300 or more (this includes SP1).  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

You have 2 problems in Device Manager.  The first is a PS2 keyboard.  If you are using a USB keyboard this error is safe to ignore.

The other problem is the Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility driver.  Please visit the Asus website and install the latest, Win7 compatible version for your system.  If it's not availaable, please post back as there are several different programs that it's included in (and, it may also be obtained through Windows Update).  FYI - using an outdated version of this driver (2006 or earlier) is likely to cause BSOD problems also.

Beyond that, there's not much evidence of problems with the system.  If (after updating the ATK0110 driver and the Windows Updates) you still have problems, please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Edited by usasma, 23 July 2015 - 05:50 AM.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message.

My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)
FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.

If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.
If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 janefs

janefs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:56 AM

Thanks usasma

You are correct, since the re-install of W7 on 17/7 I have not had a BDOS. Issues now is unsuccessful bootup(s) and mouse/keyboard freezing.

Correct, after re-install of the OS  I did not install SP1, did not install updates because the system was too unstable, would not remain 'alive' long enough to complete the updates.

I will try to complete the Windows updates including SP1. Then the ATK0110 driver...

EUFI/BIOS Manufacturer? Would this be Megatrends -  I see a message flash up at bootup? Can I just take their latest download? Any special instructions available about how to update BIOS (I have never done anything like it before.....)

Thanks in advance

Jane

ASUS N67VM-S3113V, Intel i7-3610 QM, CPU 2.3GHz 8GB RAM, 1TB, 64-bit OS, Windows 10 Home 
ASUS Eee 1005HA, Intel Atom CPU N270 1.60GHZ 1GB RAM, 32-bit OS, Windows 10 Home

#4 janefs

janefs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:23 AM

My keyboard is a Logitech Cordless with a USB receiver. Maybe I lost its driver on the re-install of W7. I will try removing and re-installing to see if the pnp will collect a driver. But is working.

I tried to do the updates you suggest in your post starting with the BIOS. I am concerned about updating the BIOS as there are warnings that if the PC hangs or freezes during the update, the machine can be 'bricked'. My PC does not stay 'up' for longer than an hour, sometimes less, sometimes will not boot up at all.

Todays attempt at startups:

1st boot: looking okay until user signon, selected my username, then BSOD (photo attached)

Attached File  P1050013.JPG   144.95KB   0 downloads

2nd boot: unsuccessful, had to hard boot

3rd boot: unsuccessful, had to hard boot

4th boot: black screen (photo attached) Intel 82945G chipset family - bad BIOS Checksum

Attached File  P1050014.JPG   106.47KB   0 downloads

5th boot: unsuccessful, had to hard boot

6th boot : Safe mode offered, so started in safe mode, ran sysnativeBSODcollection app(attached )Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   770.02KB   2 downloads

could not run perfmon (safemode?) as path not found

Did Start ---> restart

7th boot: windows loaded, userid screen okay, selected userid then black screen for more than 5 minutes - then loaded windows ok

Ran Performance Monitor (attached) Attached File  PerfMon 24 July.html   2.62MB   1 downloads

Thanks for help - is it looking like memory issues?

Jane

Edited by janefs, 24 July 2015 - 03:29 AM.

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,071 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:36 AM

The BIOS/UEFI files and instructions should be available at the motherboard manufacturer's support website.

If the system isn't stable for long enough to install the BIOS/UEFI update - THEN DON"T DO IT!!!

Should it crash during the flash, there's a chance that the system could be phiysically damaged and not boot up again.

As such, this should be the very last thing you do.

Don't be surprised if you have to do this - your 4th boot stated "Bad BIOS checksum" and the only thing to fix that would be a BIOS flash.

BUT, I'm surprised that this doesn't happen on every boot.  Have you checked the CMOS battery?  The easiest thing for this is to just install a new one - they're fairly cheap.

I think that the Asus ATK0110 ACPI utility driver is the most important update at this point.

Do not worry about the keyboard - it is working fine.  It's just that the system has found an entry for another keyboard (the older one's with the round plug) and is saying that it's not present (which we know already).

A memory problem is possible.

First, try this bootable memory test:  http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html

Most of the reports generated in Safe Mode aren't very valuable to us (as a lot of drivers aren't loaded in Safe Mode - which makes troubleshooting more difficult, and makes some reports not work).

Right now we'll be focusing on getting the system to boot reliably.

Once that's done, then we can move onto other problems.

**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message.

My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)

#6 janefs

janefs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:53 AM

Thx. I will proceed with the Asus ATK0110 ACPI utility driver.

Side note. System has stayed up to allow SP1 and a dozen 'Important' updates to successful load. Doing small batches of 10 updates, with a restart after each. restarts are okay. Seems to be fresh boot in the morning where problems occur.

Will report back on bootable memory test.

#7 janefs

janefs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

Hi usasma

I downloaded the latest Asus ATK0110 ACPI utility driver, although I got no confirmation at the end of the download..... I'm assuming it downloaded okay.

Then I ran the bootable memory test from CD for 7 hours, and no errors found.  attached is a photo of the memory test at 7hours 2 minutes. 

Attached File  P1050020.JPG   127.3KB   0 downloads

For Info:  All restarts today have booted up 'cleanly', once it got over the initial 7 boot failures at start of day today.... Now I will switch off, and try a bootup from cold in the morning.

What is next to try? Wondering if a 10 hour runtime without a crash is stable enough for the BIOS flash...  but I am still concerned about a mid-update crash.

rgds

Jane

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,071 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:48 AM

Did you install the Asus ATK0110 ACP utility driver?

At one point you have to take a deep breath and take the plunge to flash the BIOS

But with Win7 and earlier computers I suggest leaving this for last (they are less touchy about the BIOS than Win8 and later)
If you still don't want to do it, then get a computer shop to do it for you.

In my career (almost 30 years) I've seen 2 crashes that have damaged computers.  The latest was not long ago and was caused by a BSOD during the flash.

I do several flashes a day at work.  We've had one fail that I can remember, and the system booted just fine after it.

What happened with the cold boot in the morning?

#9 janefs

janefs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

I ran the exe provided... a series of popups, I answered all the questions, T&Cs etc, then the popups ended. I wasn't sure if the exe completed successfully, so today I ran it again, and the popup asked for Repair / Uninstall. So I guess the first exe yesterday was successful. Is there a way to tell?

I agree, I will have to flash the BIOS. Maybe if I can be fairly sure that once the initial boots get over themselves and finally the PC will boot and will restart okay, I will do the BIOS flash....

Now for today's marathon signon (about 2 and a half hours today, but hey....!).

1st boot. Appeared okay, loaded windows loaded userid signon okay. Selected my username, then BSOD, code was something like FN-LST-???

BSOD only showed 2 seconds !

Was preparing to take photo, when it went into boot up with a Safe Mode screen.

2nd boot   I selected Safe Mode, got a black screen with H's down the left side.

Attached File  P1050021-s.JPG   53.62KB   0 downloads  

Waited 5 mins with no activity, so I did a Hard Boot

3rd Boot. Staight to black/white Launch Windows Repair screen

selected Restore, machine went to Attempting Repairs......  for 15 minutes

Attached File  P1050025-s.JPG   120.04KB   0 downloads   Attached File  P1050027-s.JPG   164.63KB   0 downloads  Attached File  P1050026-s.JPG   99.03KB   0 downloads

Then 'Windows unable to repair automatically' screen - do you want to send to MS?   Yes

It created a minidump and a MEMORY.DMP 450Mb  which I will have to send to dropbox if any use to you?

Note: I am unable to attach the Minidump file (permissions?) but I am signed in as  administrator.

I will reboot and try it again.

Repair then ran some diagnostics, I looked at the output on screen most tests were result 0x0 except these:

Attached File  P1050023-s.JPG   162.14KB   0 downloads

Attached File  P1050024-s.JPG   168.01KB   0 downloads

Eventually, Windows booted up to normal userid and home screens, and I got IE up and running to go to BC,

but PC went to black screen, monitor had no input, and it was non-responsive to all input devices.

Black SOD with no information. Hard Booted off.

4th Boot Safe mode offered, booted into safe mode, okay

5th boot - from Safe mode did Start---> Restart and it booted up okay.

Ran PerfMon (attached)  Attached File  PerfMon 25 July.html   2.65MB   0 downloads

Ran Sysnative (attached)   Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   862.3KB   4 downloads

Now I will try to put the system dumps onto Dropbox and send a link if I'm successful.

I will continue loading Windows Updates this afternoon / evening and see if any more BSODs occur.

Side note: One of the repair screens was looking for Windows on the D: drive. It is located on the C:drive.... Also, my D: drive is very full. I was reading elsewhere that a full drive causes Wimdows OS problems as it needs 15% to play with. Is this any help?       Attached File  P1050028-s.JPG   101.65KB   0 downloads

Thanks for your continued interest and support.

Jane

Edited by janefs, 25 July 2015 - 10:27 AM.

#10 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:13 AM

Just to add also with possibly one of the factors that you were having  on some inconsistent boot-up, freezes or hangs is due to dust accumulation in connection to thermal events, a loose RAM that needs to be reseatted firmly along with inspecting the slots for any suspicious oxidation or bunnies, the CPU thermal paste is dry to and from the heatsink, a faulty power supply or loose cable/power connections and or failing hard drive due to repeatedly sudden shutdowns.

Tekken

#11 janefs

janefs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:41 AM

thanx jhayz - I was suspecting dust/dirt as a cause. I have read variously about the use of an air compressor (which I have) some posts say it's okay to use, others not. Vaccuum cleaners - posts seem to say not to be used. Canned air - seem to be preferred by I live more than 50kms from a computer shop so would need a special trip there. Yr opinion in compressed air from an air compressor? Is there a handy BC link on help for opening and cleaning inside a tower, never having done it before.

Edited: [Note to self: check out Tutorials first!]  if I had just looked I'd have found what I needed on BC already 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/cleaning-the-inside-of-your-pc/

thx - will visit computer shop tomorrow.

Edited by janefs, 26 July 2015 - 04:08 AM.

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,071 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:42 AM

You can check by searching your hard drive for ASACPI.sys - most likely it'll be in the C:\WIndows\System32\drivers folder.

Check the date to ensure that it's later than 2007 (as I recall, it should be 2009 or 2012).

A full drive can cause problems.  Windows also renames drives as needed - so it may be that the D: drive was actually your C: drive at that point in time (you'll have to examine it's properties in order to be sure which drive it is).  These were the stats for your D: drive when I looked at the reports that you uploaded:

Size    71.98 GB (77,292,953,600 bytes)
Free Space    9.45 GB (10,148,229,120 bytes)

This is about 10% free space.  Enough that you won't experience errors - but it may cause some slowdowns when Windows is running (not during bootup though).

15% was an optimum that was developed in the old days of hard drive technology.  It has to do with operations that Windows does in the background - and most often is associated with the manipulation of large files that weren't able to fit well into the remaining free space.  We haven't seen many of these errors in my time on the web, and most all of them were several years ago.

You'll have to zip up the minidump in order to attach it to these forums.

Or, you can upload it to a free file-hosting service (such as OneDrive or DropBox), share it, and then post a link to it here.

While there's more information available in a full memory dump (the MEMORY.dmp file that's 450 mB's), I rarely use them.  But, go ahead and upload it in case others following this topic would like to take a look at it.

Uploaded report contains a (mini) memory dump from 25 July.  I'm late for work, but will attempt to run an analysis on it this afternoon (Eastern Time in the USA - GMT - 5)

We discourage using an air compressor as it can damage things:

- due to the force of the air, it can break traces on circuit cards if they are weak

- it can overspin fans and break them

- it can blow connections apart just enough to cause problems.

- in general the force of the air is distributed over a wider area, so predicting it's damage is difficult.

Some techs do use compressed air - but this is because they believe that they can do it without damaging a system due to their knowledge and caution.

We discourage the use of vacuums as they often develop static charges due to the spinning motor that accumulate on the tip of the nozzle.  That can easily damage components on your system..

#13 janefs

janefs
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:16 AM

Thx. I checked that I have ASACPI. SYS which I do, but it is dated 13/08/2006.

Also, I have been running the Windows Updates. WU keeps telling me that SP1 and several other Updates are available for my system, but I have already loaded them up, and were successful. I got an 'update' for the ATK0110 so I ran the update, but it returned a non-action and up to date message.

I have SP1 updated loaded twice - will that matter?

Zipped dump file now attached.

I will deal with a dropbox upload tomorrow with the full dump file.

Jane

Attached Files

#14 usasma

usasma

• 25,071 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:42 PM

Just a quick couple of notes:

Looking a bit deeper, I saw signs of Avast in the raw stack text.

As such, I'd suggest uninstalling it.  Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials for use while testing.

Once the Microsoft program is installed, update it and then perform a full system scan.

Feel free to download/install the latest version of Avast once the system has been stabilized.

Please let us know when you've updated the BIOS

Also please let us know if you find the ASACPI.sys driver - it's not in the latest upload of reports and still is showing as an unknown device in Device Manager (the Problem Devices section of MSINFO32 is where I read this).  I can't recall how that driver installed (I haven't done that with an Asus system in several years).

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

VSTCNXT3.SYS                Wed Oct 15 20:29:13 2008 (48F68AD9)
Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver}OEM - none at http://www2.conexant.com/support/Pages/default.aspx
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VSTCNXT3.SYS

VSTBS23.SYS                 Wed Oct 15 20:30:15 2008 (48F68B17)
Conexant HSF_HWB2 WDM driver}OEM - none at http://www2.conexant.com/support/Pages/default.aspx
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VSTBS23.SYS

VSTDPV3.SYS                 Wed Oct 15 20:32:04 2008 (48F68B84)
Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver}OEM - none at http://www2.conexant.com/support/Pages/default.aspx
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VSTDPV3.SYS

l260x86.sys                 Tue Mar 17 06:00:43 2009 (49BF74CB)
Atheros L2 Fast Ethernet 10/100Base-T Controller (none for Windows 7)}Official site: https://www.qualcomm.com/contact (scroll down for product support)[br]Unofficial site: http://www.atheros.cz
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=l260x86.sys

amdxata.sys                 Tue May 19 13:57:35 2009 (4A12F30F)
AMD storage controller driver - usually from the Windows 7 DVD/Windows Update
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys

ASMMAP.sys                  Thu Jul  2 05:12:38 2009 (4A4C7A06)
LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY (also found in Asus systems)}http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/homeLenovo.do
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASMMAP.sys

intelide.sys                Mon Jul 13 19:11:19 2009 (4A5BBF17)
Intel IDE storage driver}http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx also at  
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelide.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

[font=lucida console]**************************Sat Jul 25 09:26:15.717 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\072515-37299-01.dmp]
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
[B][COLOR=RED]Missing Windows 7 Service Pack 1[/COLOR][/B]
Built by: [B]7600[/B].16792.x86fre.win7_gdr.110408-1633
System Uptime:[B]0 days 0:01:30.388[/B]
Probably caused by :[B]memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+24 )[/B]
BugCheck [B]4E, {99, 1e8fb, 2, 21134}[/B]
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000004E]PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)[/url]
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000099, A PTE or PFN is corrupt
Arg2: 0001e8fb, page frame number
Arg3: 00000002, current page state
Arg4: 00021134, 0
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x4E_99
PROCESS_NAME:  AvastSvc.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: [B]0x4E_99_VRF_nt!MiBadShareCount+24[/B]
CPUID:        "Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2160  @ 1.80GHz"
MaxSpeed:     1800
CurrentSpeed: [B]1800[/B]
  BIOS Version                  0207   
  BIOS Release Date             08/01/2007
  Manufacturer                  System manufacturer
  Baseboard Manufacturer        ASUSTeK Computer INC.
  Product Name                  System Product Name
  Baseboard Product             P5GC-MX/1333
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
[/font]

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.
[font=lucida console]**************************Sat Jul 25 09:26:15.717 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
[COLOR=RED][B]VSTCNXT3.SYS                Wed Oct 15 20:29:13 2008 (48F68AD9)[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=RED][B]VSTBS23.SYS                 Wed Oct 15 20:30:15 2008 (48F68B17)[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=RED][B]VSTDPV3.SYS                 Wed Oct 15 20:32:04 2008 (48F68B84)[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=RED][B]l260x86.sys                 Tue Mar 17 06:00:43 2009 (49BF74CB)[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=RED][B]amdxata.sys                 Tue May 19 13:57:35 2009 (4A12F30F)[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=RED][B]ASMMAP.sys                  Thu Jul  2 05:12:38 2009 (4A4C7A06)[/B][/COLOR]
intelppm.sys                Mon Jul 13 19:11:03 2009 (4A5BBF07)
[COLOR=RED][B]intelide.sys                Mon Jul 13 19:11:19 2009 (4A5BBF17)[/B][/COLOR]
igdkmd32.sys                Wed Sep 23 15:18:09 2009 (4ABA7471)
ngvss.sys                   Fri Jul  3 08:02:21 2015 (559679CD)
VBoxAswDrv.sys              Thu Jul  9 04:59:10 2015 (559E37DE)
aswRvrt.sys                 Thu Jul  9 06:23:10 2015 (559E4B8E)
aswMonFlt.sys               Thu Jul  9 06:23:58 2015 (559E4BBE)
aswHwid.sys                 Thu Jul  9 06:24:00 2015 (559E4BC0)
aswRdr2.sys                 Thu Jul  9 06:25:18 2015 (559E4C0E)
aswSnx.sys                  Thu Jul  9 06:26:12 2015 (559E4C44)
aswVmm.sys                  Thu Jul  9 06:59:36 2015 (559E5418)
aswSP.sys                   Thu Jul  9 06:59:45 2015 (559E5421)
aswStm.sys                  Thu Jul  9 07:00:04 2015 (559E5434)
[/font]
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VSTCNXT3.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VSTBS23.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VSTDPV3.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=l260x86.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASMMAP.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelide.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd32.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ngvss.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VBoxAswDrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswRvrt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswMonFlt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswHwid.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswRdr2.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswSnx.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswVmm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswSP.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=aswStm.sys

#15 usasma

usasma

• 25,071 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:02 PM

Problems with the ASACPI.sys driver - aaaaarrrrggggghhhhh!!!!!

OK, I've downloaded a copy for your system and attached it to this post.  It's the 32 bit version from the Asus AISuite for the P6T Deluxe v2 motherboard.  It should work on your system (and we have 2 tries at it)

This is an unknown file, so you should scan it with your antivirus when you download it - just to be sure it's not infected.

Then, extract the zipped archive to your Desktop (right click on it and select "Extract all" - then point it at a new folder on your Desktop).

Then double click on the AsAcpiIns.exe file.  That should install the 2009 version onto your system.

Reboot and check the version.  If it's still not the correct version, post back and we'll try the other way.

FYI - the other way is to open the Win7 folder, then right click on the asacpi.inf file and select "Install"

Good luck!

Attached Files

• Attached File  Acpi.zip   52.84KB   1 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users