Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live ID Sign-In Assistant not working and Browsers loading slow

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 EmmyTheGreen

EmmyTheGreen

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:51 PM

I'm not sure what information you need so I apologize if this isn't complete. 

Every time I turn the computer on I get the message that Windows Live ID Sign-In Assistant encountered a problem and was only partly working. And then it gives a web address to go to. go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=144689 yet when I copy and paste the url it takes me directly to Outlook. I've tried searching for more information and I'm not finding anything. 

The second problem is that all of my browsers have a severe lag when loading -any- website. Some times it can take up to 15 seconds to load (even pages I go to all the time), or it will simply not load at all and gives ERR_NETWORK_CHANGE. 

I've run the following scans from a previous time you've helped me: Malwarebytes, Security Check, MB Anti Rootkit, RKill, Adware and JRT in that order. THey all come up with no problems. At the recommendation of my own computer guy, I downloaded CCleaner and ran it as well. 

I also went to Speedtest.net and ran several test. More than half of the tries timed out the ones that actually went through came back at 31 sec ping, approximately 75Mbps download and 11Mbps upload. 

I'm at a complete loss as to what could be causing the lag but I'm extremely frustrated and I'm hoping someone can help me with these problems.

Thank you in advance. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users