Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hovering Cursor Dislike Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bamashooter

bamashooter

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:18 PM

Had no idea where to post this. Feel free to move it. As I scroll through my many forums topics, a pause of the scrolling will launch a text box with a partial sentence to a few sentences of what is contained in the original post. This happens when my cursor is in the area of the listed thread titles. Happens with both FF and Chrome. I normally follow the forums at night, with my old Toshiba notebook (XP) on my belly as I waste the night away watching tv while laying on the couch. I use the touchpad feature and up/down arrows to navigate. Is that feature embedded to the forums software and can't be dealt with from my end or is it disableable? No big deal except at times the text block will partially cover the adjacent thread title. Pretty petty I know But I thought I'd ask anyhow. Thanks.

Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
HP15 --f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10 / 64-bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

My impression of your description is that your mouse when resting on words on a forum thread turned into hyperlinks to advertisements, opens those advertisements without your clicking on them; you may also notice certain words in the forum articles have an underline or double-underline?  I had this problem, and installing an ad-blocker in Firefox and in Google Chrome stopped those advertisements.  I rarely use Internet Explorer, mainly because I find much about FF and Chrome, easier to deal with.

(The first ad-blocker I ever tried was Ad-Block Plus, into Firefox.)

Edited by cafejose, 20 July 2015 - 10:33 PM.

#3 bamashooter

bamashooter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:46 PM

No. For example. If my cursor "rest" on or near a thread title in a list of posted threads, a text box will appear with either the thread title, perhaps the first sentence of the original thread post and sometimes up to a few sentences. Or if you slide over to the column which shows who replied last, it will show a much smaller box; I guess because that particular column is not as wide and has less data. No ads. Thanks for your input.

HP15 --f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10 / 64-bit

#4 O.T.T.

O.T.T.

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:57 AM

Don't worry, this has nothing to do with ads or malware !

It's a feature of the forumsoftware and there's nothing you can do about it.

Maybe a scriptblocker can eliminate it but will make other features unaccessible or malfunctioning...

OTT

Please ask Google why some of my links don't work anymore !

#5 bamashooter

bamashooter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

Don't worry, this has nothing to do with ads or malware !

It's a feature of the forumsoftware and there's nothing you can do about it.

Maybe a scriptblocker can eliminate it but will make other features unaccessible or malfunctioning...

OTT

Thank. That's what I figured. Oh well. Doesn't bother me bad enough to "mess" blindly with my computer. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users