Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a new tablet/laptop convertible

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Charlie19

Charlie19

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

Hello,

I am in search of a laptop for college. It's easy enough to meet the requirements (listed below) except for the active stylus. Any suggestions? I've already looked at the Fujitsu Lifebook T725. I'd like to keep the price below $2,000 if possible. Not interested in the Surface or Yoga. I would prefer something that stands up without a kickstand and doesn't expose the keyboard when it's in tablet mode. 

Here's the requirements for the laptop:

Operating System Windows 8.1 Professional, 64-bit version Processor Intel Core i5 or i7 (i5-5300u or faster) - check your processor Memory (RAM) 8 GB  Hard Drive 256 GB or larger; solid state drive (SSD) Active Stylus Integrated Active Digital Stylus (Wacom or N-trig) Wireless 802.11ac dual band Ethernet 802.11 10/100/1000 (external adapter acceptable) 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:18 PM

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

I am not sure if this fits your bill but I was intrigued when i saw it the first time about 6 months ago.

#4 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:24 PM

LOL: YB  it would be wonderful if you would purchase and test drive this "miracle!" (smiling!)

No doubt if I was in college...this would be my attempt to get the lectures noted, homework completed,

anything else annotated!

(Perhaps we need to get back to school!) (oops...who's paying!)

Charlie 19: for what is is worth...my 19 year old son, sophomore computer science, has in his backpack an iPad, HP laptop running W8.1 and an HP Surface Pro;  along with a "Google Phone he 

will not live without!

They travel with him as a team, all of his devices are seamless!  I won't share is school or GPA..however I'm extremely proud, and he spends endless hours researching what will best suit his

university experience. He returns home to his self built rig, uploads, downloads and runs like the wind. Whatever that is worth to you as a college student, I hope it helps

your choices.  It's ever SO personal!

In closing..super wishes for you..enjoy college and glean everything you can get and of course BC will always be here for any of your needs!

softeyes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users