Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Back Up My Dvd's

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dyrbooker

Dyrbooker

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:00 AM

I like to back up my DVD's and have been using DVD copy x platinum (which, the only thing I can get to work in the program is the simple copy and I spent 60 bucks for it) I also have DVD shrink, DVD decrypter, and DVD fab decrypter. Anymore a lot of DVD's can't be backed up (I think that maybe its because they are 2 layers but I'm not sure). Anyway is there a new program out there that will help, or could someone give me instructions on how I can back up those DVD's with new encryption technology?

Edited by Dyrbooker, 11 July 2006 - 07:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:35 AM

Hi Dyrbooker
The latest vesion of DVDFD does them all.
I have not run across a single new release that it could not handle yet.
DVDD is abandoned and can only do the older ones.
What is the exact problem you're having when trying to back them up?
If you can view the originals then it's not likely a dual layer issue.

#3 Dyrbooker

Dyrbooker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for your help
I've been waiting to to ge the exact error message. It is (Error occurred reading sectors!Data 1/0). I'm not sure what DVDFD, and can I get it free. Also I may be sounding a little stupid here so excuss me, but I also don't know what DVDD is or what you mean by, If you can view the originals then it's not likely a dual layer issue. Dual layers DVDs don't play on DVD players? Because I'm not having a problem playing my originals on my DVD player? As you can see I'm learning and I hope you can help me.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,804 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:09 AM

HitSquad is right, I also use DVD Fab, and have no problems. You list DVD Fab as one of you programs, if this is your own you should be able to get the latest updates for it, if not you can download a free trial of the latest version here.

DVDD is another decryption program...DVD Decrypter.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Dyrbooker

Dyrbooker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 07:55 PM

Hummmmm thats funny because I have both programs DVD Fab and DVD Decriptor and when DVD copyX platmium won't work I try those the DVD Fab will rip the movie but then I can't get the file that it makes onto my back up DVD. Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. Could you tell me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users