Posted 11 July 2006 - 04:10 AM
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
1) I recently Reformatted, and reinstalled my copy of Windows XP Home Edition.
2) After I got Windows back up, I updated everything, including drivers for my AGP Geforce 6800 GT.
3) My computer glitched up and froze while playing a game (Battlefield 2)
4) The second time the game crashed my computer, I hardbooted and the boot sequence was glitchy.
5) All screens up up to logging into windows appear corrupted (lines, dots, misplaced colors)
6) When Windows loads, It the screen turns into one big scrambled pattern. then crashes to a black screen.
7) I have the option to go into Safemode after a hardboot. Windows functions fine in safemode.
8) In safemode I uninstalled the drivers to my graphics card.
9) The boot sequence still looks corrupted, but I can get into Windows fine. (without drivers)
10) I opened my case and checked the temperature and the fan, both seem fine.
11) I've tried various other drivers, and all of them have the same result.
12) I took out my 6800 GT and replaced it with an older card, and the older card worked fine.
13) I put my 6800 GT back in, and it's still messed up.
14) I used my DVI to VGA adapter, and it still messed up.
I'm under the impression that my card is fried, but I haven't given up hope. If you have any suggestions please share.