Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU Thermal Confusion?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SilverMist69

SilverMist69

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:41 AM

Ok so I will post my system specs below however this issue is slightly different than my previous one.

Ok so my BIOS is for some reason Permanently stuck apparently because in the BIOS the CPU Temp always reads 104~F at all times however I know that the Physical temp gauge on the CPU is not dead because in Windows when I load HWinfo64 the CPU Temp always works perfectly and Reads accurately based on the current system Load the same as it always has yet for some reason Lately my BIOS is stuck reading 104~F at all times. Nothing seams to fix it either I have Flashed the BIOS with Latest version after resetting all BIOS Settings to Factory Default first and even that did not correct the Problem. 

Any insight into what might cause this issue is greatly appreciated :)

System Specs:

CPU:
AMD Phenom II x4 B55 3.2Ghz (Core Unlocked AMD Phenom II x2 555 Black Edition 3.2Ghz)
GPU:
1x AMD Radeon HD 4250 256MB System Shared (IGP) On-board Primary Graphics Card
Plus
1x Nvidia GeForce 8500GT 256MB PCIe Dedicated Secondary Graphics Card for Converting Videos
RAM:
6GB = 2GBx2 Mushkin Enhanced PC3 1333Mhz + 2GBx1 Super Talent XMP PC3 1333Mhz
Motherboard:
Foxconn A88GMV
Cooling:
Air
Primary Drive:
HDD 2.5 Inch Toshiba 2x 500GB Drives in Raid 0 Configuration as 1TB Primary OS Drive
Secondary Drive:
HDD 2.5 Inch Toshiba 2x 1.5TB Drives in Raid 0 Configuration as 3TB MultiMedia Storage
Optical Drive:
Philips SATA DVD/R/RW/DL Optical Drive
Sound Card:
On-board Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply:
Lite-On 350 Watt From an old Hewlett Packard Server
Case:
Dell Dimension 2400 Mini ATX Mini Tower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit
Primary Display:
42 Inch LG HDTV 1080P 60Hz
Secondary Display: