Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error When I Shutdown My Pc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bernie70

Bernie70

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:37 AM

Whenever I shutdown my PC, I get an error. I get the "error sound" and I see a box right before it shuts down, but the screen goes black before I can read the message. Is there any way to slow down my shutdown so I can read the message or get to the error some other way? thanks.

oh it started after i downloaded ccleaner and ran it(just files, not the reg). Also I installed kerio firewall to replace ZA (kerio is working fine).

Here's some more info: Windows starts fine and relatively quickly. It shutsdown a little too slow (maybe because of the error). Other than that, the pc runs fine.

no spyware, adaware, viruses detected from my scans. I don't have HJT downloaded since I haven't had to use it yet.

thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:41 AM

Check the Event Viewer in Administrative Tools. See if it logged the event (error) message.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:32 AM

Do you hear any of the shutdown music?

#4 Bernie70

Bernie70
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:37 AM

Thank you acklan and Thor.

the Event viewer did log them...

the first two are warnings:

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 9FE. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

AND

Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller: The network link is down. Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected.

And this one was an error

Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address X on the Network Card with network address 9FE.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

They seem to be occurring pretty regularly. Is this something I should be concerned about? Oh and Thor, yes I do hear the shuddown music. thanks again

#5 Bernie70

Bernie70
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:42 AM

hi again.. i checked the links and carefully read the descriptions. It doesn't seem to be that big a deal....d/c with the network, not being able to renew my connection, etc. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users