Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jmjholden

jmjholden

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:59 PM

Ok so I have a computer that is having difficulty connecting to the internet. All my other devices can connect fine. this computer can only connect to the internit via ethernet cable which is really annoying. It has the capability to connect to wifi but it is not for some reason. When I try to access the internet with wifi (obviously ethernet is not connected) I can open the browser and google pops right up. then i try to type in a search and it just buffers forever and i get an error message. When i try the same thing with ethernet everything works fine. Anyone have any ideas what the problem is? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TinoNgombo

TinoNgombo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 PM

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

Hi, jmjholden :)

Can you please specify the information that the error message displays?

#3 jmjholden

jmjholden
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:36 PM

chrome comes up with a dinosaur that says cannot display this page

I also ran a disgnostic and it says that "your computer appears to be correctly configured but the dns server is not responding"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users