Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Drivers For Graphics Card

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:54 AM

I have a Asus agp-v7700 graphics card that I've been trying to find drivers for, the asus site has been busy every time that I have gone there, even at 3:00am.

Can someone suggest another place to download the drivers?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:24 AM

From my research I found that is an Nvidia card. Here is the drivers that are suppose to work with it.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.31.html
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:37 AM

Thanks acklan,

I downloaded them over night, this was a marathon event, but that's just in keeping with the rest of what has been going on here.

I was given a newer motherboard, and this being the first time that I had replaced one I hadn't given any thought to what would happen with the hdd when I fire up the new board. The long and short of it is that I wound up without a cusor/pointer resulting in my having to wipe the hdd and reinstall my OS and all of the infromation that I had backed up for a previous event. By comparison this graphics card is a minor annoyance.

The bad news is after the marathon download, the install wizard doesn't recognize the drivers as the proper ones. I tried replacing the graphics card with the older one, but all I get is a black screen, so back in goes the Asus until I can figure out what I need to do to be able to use the older one.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:50 AM

Go to the graphics card in the device manager and use the "Upgrade" Button insteadl of trying to install it with the download. That has forced hardware to accept the drivers for me in the passed.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:27 AM

Go to the graphics card in the device manager and use the "Upgrade" Button insteadl of trying to install it with the download. That has forced hardware to accept the drivers for me in the passed.

I don't see a specific listing for the graphics card, what does show is Other Devices with a yellow question mark in front of it, and under this is listed Mulitimedia Audio Controller, and Video Controller (VGA Compatible). I also don't have the option to upgrade.

I'm using W2k Pro with SP4, are the instructions that you giving me for XP?

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:38 AM

Just below it does it show "Sound, Video, and Game Control"? If so upgrade the "Legacy Audio Drivers"

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:39 AM

It would appear that I've been beating a dead horse, or at least a dead graphics card. I figured out how to install another graphics card and did, now everything looks great. I can't wait till I go to work in the morning so that I can get some rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users