Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wireless router with non-bridge mode ADSL modem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 guidenassis

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:16 AM

I am using ADSL broadband previously I was using bridge mode I have enter user name and password to connect with internet at that time I was easily connect with my wireless router with modem but since I am using non-bridge mode, when I use my wireless router to connect with modem and my PC. Modem connect with ADSL but router can't so I can't internet with router and can't connect my any wifi instrument with it. Please guide me how to setup wireless router with non-bridge mode ADSL model.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:18 PM

Why did you have to go to non-bridge?

In bridge mode you can setup the router to make the connection for you and the router does DHCP. When you take it out of bridge mode, the modem becomes a router so it wants to make the connection and do DHCP. You'll need to go in to the ADSL device, set it to PPPoE, enter your connection information and let it make the connection. Then your wireless router needs to have DHCP turned off. This is in general terms.

What is the make and model of both the ADSL device and your wireless router? Perhaps more specific instructions can be given.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

Or in your case you would want to go into the wan setup page of your router and choosing the PPPoE option put in the account name and password. Then you should have internet as you once did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users