Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

R7 250X PC BOOTS TO RAINBOW SCREEN- URGENT

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 raspydylantaz

raspydylantaz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:20 PM

so today i received my new R7 250X and i installed it into my system taking all the usual precautions you would when installing a new gpu, the problem is when i went to boot my system via the hdmi port on the GPU i was confronted by a screen of random colors and it would not boot past this. I do have an old system so no hate, i don't intend to do any heavy gaming just trying to make this old rig run faster.

My system-
boston 7525 mothboard
Intel core 2 duo e7600 cpu
enermax naxn 500w psu
gma 3100 integrated graphics.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

During the boot sequence where it normally shows the BIOS POST screens is the image clear then?  Did you have a different graphics card installed previously or did you use the onboard graphics?  You may simply need to uninstall any previous graphics drivers and install the new ones for your graphics card.  You can download a program called display driver uninstaller (be sure not to install any 3rd party programs that may come bundled with it- to assist you with this.  Of course you will need to be able to see what is on the screen so you may want to take out the video card and use the onboard graphics while you do this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users