Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 freezing while watching video or gaming

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sunaj

Sunaj

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:48 PM

I've recently built a pc using

Core i5 4570T 2.90ghz
8GB DDR3 Ram
Radeon HD xfx 7900
Firepower OCZ 700w modular PSU
Tx3 coolermaster cpu heatsink
Gigabyte H97M-HD3 motherboard
Windows 8.1
Samsung 250 GB SSD

I have updated the drivers to all of my devices,. The problem is, when I am watching a video or playing a game it will sometime freeze causing the sound to loop over and over eventually I will have to restart the machine. It is not the graphics card because I tried my computer without it, using the integrated Intel graphics and the problem seems to happen even more, I ran a memory test and found no errors for my RAM. The only thing I can think of is that it might be a CPU, motherboard, or power supply issue. However I have no way to diagnose this, and I cannot afford to take it to a computer shop to have them test my stuff because they charge a lot of money. My components are not overheating as I am monitoring the temperature using HW monitor, this used to happen sporadically if the computer was left to idle. However it almost happens always if I am watching a video while playing a game. Today it happened twice. And without my AMD graphics card in my system using Intel HD graphics 4600, it happens even more. The picture becomes garbled and distorted, I cannot bring up the task manager, everything is frozen forcing me to restart. Do you have any clues? Thank you so much

Edited by Sunaj, 18 July 2015 - 08:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:58 AM

Hi Sunaj & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Kindly follow the below instructions and upload the ZIP file so that it could help us in diagnosing your problem faster -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#3 Sunaj

Sunaj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:03 AM

I am currently working this, please standby

Edited by Sunaj, 19 July 2015 - 10:05 AM.

#4 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:06 AM

I am currently working this, please standby

Sure thing. Don't worry. Whenever you reply, I get a notification via email :)

-Pranav

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#5 Sunaj

Sunaj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

Heres my files ., thank you so much

Attached Files

Edited by Sunaj, 19 July 2015 - 10:39 AM.

#6 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

I was having a bit of an issue with step 3,  
Error:

An error occured while attempting to generate the report.

The operator or administrator has refused the request.

Thats the error I was getting but read an output file is still generated.I M not  sure how to save it to html.

Hi,

Please ignore the step if it is causing trouble. I just the need the ZIP file created in Step 2. Kindly upload that and I will see what is causing the problem :)

-Pranav

#7 Sunaj

Sunaj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

i edited the post you quoted.  sorry about that.   the links are there..

EDIT: just froze again while watching a movie online,,,  ugh.

getting kernel-41 Power in the event viewer if that helps

Edited by Sunaj, 19 July 2015 - 10:53 AM.

#8 Sunaj

Sunaj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:53 PM

Just purchased a new psu . Will see if the problem continues

#9 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 04:07 PM

Greetings Sunaj ^_^,

I see that the copy of Windows 8.1 Enterprise installed on your system is not genuine. Kindly install a genuine copy of Windows because the forum rules prohibit such kind of activity.

Furthermore, the hacks present in the Windows (To keep it activated) can cause behavior which is not expected out of a genuine copy of Windows.

-Pranav

#10 Sunaj

Sunaj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:05 PM

Psu wasn't the problem, swapped motherboard to see if it was faulty. Guess support is out of the question then.
Thanks any way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users