Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

foster “collisions” between people

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,505 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:44 PM

Maybe my new home? This concept seems really cool! I have never heard the term "collisions" for bumping into people!

Hsieh said the Airstream park is partially inspired by the Burning Man festival, but he noted, “It’s probably more accurate to describe it as an urban camping experience with everyone sharing the world’s largest living room (which has a community kitchen and campfires).”

Hsieh, who has temporarily moved out of his residence at The Ogden in downtown to live with friends at Airstream village, is known for his penchant of trying to create conditions to foster “collisions” between people so that they connect.

So, he said the Airstream living experiment is giving him the chance to bump into more people than ever before.

“Downtown is great because of all the collisions that happen when you’re out and about,” Hsieh said.

“The Airstream park living experiment we’ve been doing has resulted in even more collisions even when not out and about,” he said.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/economic-development/downtown-guru-hsieh-tinkers-urban-camping-airstream-trailer

The Zappos CEO has a reported net worth of $840 million. But Hsieh chooses to live in a Las Vegas trailer park he owns, according to a recent profile in The New York Times.                                                                                                                                                                                   http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/a-retail-ceo-worth-dollar840-million-lives-in-a-las-vegas-trailer-park/ar-AAdaTtw?ocid=mailsignout                   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,743 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:40 PM

Burning Man Las Vegas Style....

Does what happens in Airstream Village, stay in Airstream Village?

With Airstreams, they still stayed upscale.....

Let the 'Trailer Trash' jokes begin. :)

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,505 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:41 PM

il_214x170.657262377_ch2x_zps2l3i55ui.jp

(And she snickers~ where's my Airstream!)

#4 Stolen

Stolen

• Members
  • 669 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:26 PM

Heyyy, I want in!!!

*and she knocks...*

@softeyes...that's awesome :) 

*and she collides...*

0 user(s) are reading this topic