Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Should You Upgrade to the Professional Edition of Windows 10?", via HowToGeek

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

However youre getting Windows 10 either with the free upgrade offer or on a new PC youre probably getting Windows 10 Home. You can pay to upgrade that Windows 10 Home system to Windows 10 Professional but should you?

If you already had a Professional edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1, dont worry. The free upgrade offer will give you Windows 10 Professional. Otherwise, youll need to shell out some money if you want the below extra features.

Should You Upgrade to the Professional Edition of Windows 10?

HowToGeek have good articles when it comes to these kind of things. It's worth a read. Even thought most of these features are already available under Windows 8.1 Professional (so it's not new), it's still good information for users that never used Windows 8 or 8.1 Professional and want to see what it'll bring them if they upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:14 PM

edit

Edited by noknojon, 18 July 2015 - 09:16 PM.

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

I don't even understand what you're trying to say here. That this article has been copy/pasted? If so, feel free to try to prove it, I don't really care to be honest. I'm just posting it here for other users to read and learn. Simple as that.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:25 PM

That's a good idea, Aura.  If someone's going to go to Win10, they should only use Pro.  Surely someone will see this and thank you for posting it. :)

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#5 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:28 PM

That's a good idea, Aura.  If someone's going to go to Win10, they should only use Pro.  Surely someone will see this and thank you for posting it. :)

So i have to waste money on another Windows again? I think i ma either stick to Windows 10 non pro version or my current Windows 8.1.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:29 PM

No one is asking you to buy Windows 10 Profesional Jerky. If you feel that you are wasting money on Windows 10 Pro, then it's become you're not spending it wisely. If you don't need it, there's no need to buy it, so even less to "waste" it. You can stick to Windows 10 Home or your current Windows 8.1, no one's forcing you to upgrade. Users like me wouldn't be able to handle a core edition of Windows however with what I have to do.

unite_blue.png

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:40 PM

I don't even understand what you're trying to say here. That this article has been copy/pasted? If so, feel free to try to prove it, I don't really care to be honest. I'm just posting it here for other users to read and learn. Simple as that.

For anybody who may be interested - Or not -

I had a Copy and Paste script that was not directed at Aura et al but was for another person (private) but I posted it here by accident, as this was where I was reading

Since I noted that it was here, I removed it by edit, and I can only EDIT my script, and not Remove it. - Cry elsewhere to get things Removed, or grow up..

I chose to Edit it fully, and posted it to the PRIVATE person to whom it was directed in the first place.

Unless you have a more eloquent request, it is left at that ...

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:54 AM

Ah so you wanted to reply to someone via PM, but posted it in my thread by mistake, now I understand.

unite_blue.png

#9 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:31 PM

Ah so you wanted to reply to someone via PM, but posted it in my thread by mistake, now I understand.

I also reply / post to people via email, and this 2 week old article was meant for email, not post or reply.

As said, This page was open - - and I was reading / responding to emails on my Windows 7.1 laptop to a co-worker in Nevada USA.

Even with 2 private editors, plus Notepad & Wordpad I miss-post and then edit once posted

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:23 PM

All good at least you cleared up the misunderstanding, thank you.

unite_blue.png

#11 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,395 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:46 PM

but I posted it here by accident, as this was where I was reading

I once posted an answer to a Linux question on a tropical fish keeping forum,

It went something like this.

Help my Gourami is sick, There followed by a description of what was wrong and some Photos of the poorly fishy.

killall [options] program_name(s) 

Was not the answer the poor person was expecting.

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:27 AM

I would have loved to see that :lol:

unite_blue.png

#13 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:45 PM

:hysterical:

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#14 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:13 PM

~lol~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users