Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer near-constantly frozen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OvidD

OvidD

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

I have just come back from a week-long vacation and fired up my computer. When I left, the computer worked fine. When I turned it on today, it started fine, allowed a single pop-up that MalwareBytes had expired over the week (I planned to reinstall when I came back), and then immediately froze. I tried using Ctrl-Alt-Delete to open task manager and the computer froze again. After about five minutes, task manager opened and I saw that my memory usage and CPU usage were both normal. The computer then froze again. While task manager continued to display new information, I could not change tabs on it or open anything else. Eventually, I was forced to hard shut down. Every time I have restarted, the same problem occurred: the computer remains frozen for five to ten minutes before a command succeeds, and then it goes back to being frozen.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit, with 4 AMD processors and a Nvidia graphics card. I don't know the exact models off the top of my head and my computer is too frozen for me to find out, though they are up-to-date and I haven't had problems before.

Can anyone help me?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:23 PM

Enter Safe Mode by tapping the appropriate F-key, OR possibly Delete key while booting; if your computer runs without freezing in Safe Mode that tells us that your problems could be system or driver corruptions. If no problems, reboot and this time choose Safe Mode with Networking. That should make access to the internet available while in Safe Mode. If you aren't sure how to do this, your user's manual will tell you how to enter Safe Mode.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 OvidD

OvidD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:40 PM

I entered safe mode and the problem persists.

#4 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:24 AM

Greetings OvidD ^_^,

Could you please follow the below instructions and upload the ZIP File?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Even if you are not experiencing any kind of BSODs, the ZIP file contains lots of other kind of information which can help us in diagnosing this problem.

By the way, just to be clear. Does the system freeze for some time and then again runs normally and then again freezes for some time? I mean that once it has frozen and if you leave the system for sometime, does it get back to normal?

Regards,
Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#5 OvidD

OvidD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:13 AM

My computer doesn't seem go back to normal. Rather, it stays frozen and then occasionally a command I gave it goes through (such as closing a window). Also, some things never seem to work, like trying to open the Menu. I'll try to follow these instructions, but I don't know if it will work.

#6 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:02 AM

My computer doesn't seem go back to normal. Rather, it stays frozen and then occasionally a command I gave it goes through (such as closing a window). Also, some things never seem to work, like trying to open the Menu. I'll try to follow these instructions, but I don't know if it will work.

The instructions would lead to a ZIP file. Kindly upload it since it contains a lot of information regarding your system. Let me know how everything goes ^_^

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users