Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help connecting my Bluetooth earpiece

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Mongrel714

Mongrel714

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:24 PM

I've got a really frustrating problem.

I got a little bluetooth earpiece/headset so I can use it with my computer. It's a HC-S0303 model, and appears to be a generic brand one (I got it from eBay). My computer isn't bluetooth capable, but I also bought a bluetooth USB dongle which seems to be working properly. My device detects and can be seen in my hardware on my computer, but it won't work. I've tried updating the driver, but it says it can't find the driver software for my device. I've tried searching for it online but nothing I've found has worked so far. 

Even more perplexing, when I first attached the device to my computer it worked fine...what do I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,942 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

Hello, and Welcome

It should be a plug and play device. Is this your headset?

Have you tried re-pairing the device to the dongle?

#3 Mongrel714

Mongrel714
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:15 PM

That is indeed the device.

I have tried re-pairing it, I think that might be what started the whole thing actually (since it initially worked but the thing isn't always on, so I had to re-pair it when I tried the second time)

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,942 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

It still fails after pairing?

#5 Mongrel714

Mongrel714
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

It pairs fine, and appears in my Devices and Printers, but it does not function and is unable to find a driver when I try to use the automatic driver update. =(

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,942 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

I am not sure what else to do other than the following. Remove the bluetooth dongle. Download USBdeview. Run it and look for your USB dongle bluetooth device in the list. Delete it by clicking on it and pressing the red X. Reboot the computer,attach the dongle and see if your headset works.

#7 Zentan

Zentan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:32 PM

Hi!

So I got the same headset and issue that  Mongrel714 had/has. And I'm wondering if the latest solution worked for him or if anyone have any other ideas on how to get this working?

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,942 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:19 PM

You didn't say what OS you have but see this video.Perhaps installing the generic bluetooth drivers will help.

#9 Zentan

Zentan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:33 AM

Thank you for the reply.

I tried it but unfortunately it didn't solve the issue. I'm using windows 7.

I don't know if it matters but the headset is supposedly a PS3 bluetooth headset. The dongle/bluetooth-thingie is just a tiny little usb-thing with no brand name on it.

I've tried connecting it to my android phone and tablet and it works perfectly on them.

edit: The headset does show up in the audio devices now but there is no sound coming from the speaker and the microphone doesn't pick up any sound from what I can tell.

When I right click the device in "Bluetooth devices" and press the "Connect hands free unit" it immediately fails.

Edited by Zentan, 02 March 2016 - 05:48 AM.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,942 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:11 AM

Where is shows in Device Manager right click, select properties and under the details tab select hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line.

#11 Zentan

Zentan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:31 AM

This is the hardware ID that shows: BTHENUM\{00001108-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_LOCALMFG&000a

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,942 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:45 AM

I was hoping for a vendor and device ID such as USB\VID_03F0&PID_171D&REV_0100. Is there a yellow exclamation mark next to the bluetooth device? 

It may be awhile before I can track down the device you posted. This is a generic device so it may not be possible to get a driver for Windows 7.

Edit: In the video I linked to there is a driver called CSR bluetooth. Install that one.

Edited by JohnC_21, 02 March 2016 - 10:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users