Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Utility to track installations and changes in your system ???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 3d1l

3d1l

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:51 PM

Why are companies so irresponsible and don't provide an uninstall option that removes all the garbage they install on your system?

Few minutes ago I was able to completely remove the Blackberry desktop software that I was no longer using and was bothering when copying files. But for that I had to spent hours using cleaners, disk search utilities and registry managers to get rid of every piece of trash.

Right now I have registry entries and drivers and garbage from Sierra Broadband aircard wireless modem that I'm no longer using but if I try to remove trashes all my network setting. And there I have to left all those drivers and registry keys bloating my system. :ranting:

So, is there an utility that tracks every minute change on your system when you install a software so that you can uninstall software removing every piece of crap without damaging your system???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:00 PM

I don't know of anything that tracks changes for normal users, but if you need to remove a software completely then I suggest Revo Uninstaller. It's a very powerful uninstaller that can hunt down remnants and remove them effectively.

#3 3d1l

3d1l
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:16 PM

Yep I do use Revo but even with that scraps are left all over your system. I have to use Everything disk search utility, Registrar registry manager, Revo unistaller, CCleaner and even with all those, troublesome pieces of software are left behind bloating you system. Right now I have an issue with Sierra broadband aircard that is messing with my network settings and I can not remove it. If I touch the registry entries it render my system useless.

#4 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 19 July 2015 - 02:28 AM

I would not recommend mucking around in the registry as orphan entries usually pose no problem, and breaking something in the registry can cause your computer to be unbootable.

Removing files and folders would be enough.

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,677 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

And there I have to left all those drivers and registry keys bloating my system. :ranting:

See the Windows Registry as one big database with millions of entries. Even if a few hundreds are left unused (even thousands of them), they count for probably less than 1% of the total Registry, which means that they don't really bloat it. It will not affect your system, nor it's performance. You can if you want remove driver entries from the Registry using Autoruns, but this is something only advanced users should too so if you don't feel comfortable doing it by yourself, I wouldn't try it.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users